1,730 results
All reviews fort derussy park wine and cheese reception partial ocean view full kitchen bbq area across the street one bedroom suite air conditioner kalakaua avenue ala moana street noise city view minute walk to the beach fitness center valet parking beach chairs house keeping
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Chastity and Kim greeted me at the front desk after making a last minute reservation on the phone. I was treated with courtesy and respect and the bell boy met me out at the car. Beautiful cozy updated tropical hotel of my dreams. They gave me a courtesy upgrade which included a Mini kitchenette. This place is a 10 + 2 and I will definitely stay here again. Beautiful swimming pool $10 off of your breakfast free bike rentals, free towel service, DVD's etc. TV's are flat screen and include musical channels like smooth jazz. Love it love it here. You can't beat the price for the location.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
clem l, General Manager at Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Aloha Dily19,

Am blushing... A rating of "10+2"; a "beautiful cozy updated tropical hotel of my dreams". We are thrilled you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and felt you were treated with "courtesy and respect" from the helpful, caring staff at the Luana Waikiki.

We love it that you "Love it, love it here".

With warmest Aloha,

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

The rooms have all that you would expect. Ours also had a kitchenette. Whilst there is no restaurant on site there is a cafe and buffet that caters for breakfast and lunch. There is no full time bar but there is happy hour on Mon, Wed , Fri which was free. Very friedly staff, nice pool area and small well appointed gym. Only a 10min walk down to Waikiki beach etc. There are two close options to rent cars as well.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Shinester888

Aloha Shinester888,

We are delighted that you enjoyed the fully equipped rooms, the "very friendly staff", the "nice pool area", our location at the beginning or Waikiki and though it is not 24 Hour Fitness sized, the well appointed gym.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Thank you for choosing the Luana Waikiki as your hotel of choice in Hawaii.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

We stayed at the Luana for several days while moving our daughter to her freshman year at University of Hawaii at Manoa. The location was perfect! We had massive amounts of luggage and even needed to pull our car out of valet multiple times a day for trips to Target, Costco, etc to stock her dorm room. Valet and front desk people were really helpful! The room was perfectly clean and it was so convenient to have on site laundry. We also loved the Fish Hook cafe (I'd recommend the avocado toast)! We were even able to enjoy some evening swims while watching the sunset from the pool. My only complaint relates to the pool side yoga class...great idea (I love outdoor yoga, in hawaii by a pool) but it was perhaps the WORST yoga class I've ever attended and was a complete waste of my time.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
clem l, General Manager at Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Aloha runningmomof5,

We are delighted you were successful in getting your daughter situated for college and found time to enjoy the pool at sunset.

We agree that the location at the beginning of Waikiki is perfect, central to shopping, restaurants...and the University of Hawaii Manoa. Am glad you enjoyed your perfectly clean room and that the valet and front desk staff were very helpful.

Look forward to your return visit, when you come back to Oahu, to see your daughter.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2018

I recently stayed in a city-view room on the 6th floor at this property while on business for over three weeks. I chose this property due to the budget, location, and room amenities (kitchenette). I have to say that everything was wonderful from the start. The room was exactly as described / photographed and kept very clean. All of the staff I encountered were very helpful and always pleasant and smiling. The reception was a great bonus and the gym was clean and very well-equipped. I also appreciated the laundry facility.

As a woman traveling alone, this was the perfect location for me. It is just on the edge of the busy Waikiki area and was very convenient for shopping, dining, and exploring.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
clem l, General Manager at Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Aloha ShelOT,

We are ecstatic that "everything was wonderful from the start"!!! And you enjoyed the wonderfulness for three weeks!

We are delighted you enjoyed the helpful, pleasant, smiling staff; appreciated a very clean room, exercised in the clean, well equipped gym and utilized the Laundromat. The location is "perfect" for everyone who does not want to be enveloped by a busy Waikiki but still remain close to "shopping, dining and exploring".

As a single traveler, we are most happy you felt safe and secure while staying with us for almost a month.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

We stayed a week here and enjoyed our stay overall. The staff were all very nice. I loved that we were able to rent beach towels. The buffet was very small and the food is pretty much the same every day. You have to get there early if you want to get a seat. Our package included the breakfast buffet so we ate there but otherwise I would skip it.

It was great to have a refrigerator in the room so we were able to buy milk for our daughter. I do wish the room had a microwave so we can microwave our leftovers.

I wish they would have some sort of warning about the pool. It is an oddly shaped pool. The dangerous part was that where the stairs are, the pool splits into 2 parts: the right side of the stairs is the shallow end and the left side of the stairs goes from 4 feet to 6 feet in like one step. In normal pools, where the stairs are, that is the shallow end. As you walk further, the deeper end comes on. NOT in this pool!!.

When I was there, I saw a Japanese lady carrying baby (less than a year old) into the pool. I was standing near the right side of the steps with my 3 year old daughter. She went to the left side of the pool with the baby. I watched her walk down and before I could say anything to her, she went down under the water. She was struggling to put the baby to the side of the pool. I shouted at my husband to get the baby from her because I couldn't leave my daughter. He swam over picked up the baby and swam with the baby to the stairs while mom swam back. It was a very scary situation. I can't imagine what would've happened if we weren't in the pool that day.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank swingonastar

Aloha swingonastar,

Glad you enjoyed your stay!

We appreciate your feedback.