1,777 results
All reviews fort derussy park wine and cheese reception fish hook partial ocean view full kitchen bbq area across the street one bedroom suite kalakaua avenue city view ala moana street noise beach chairs valet parking fitness center the main drag small balcony
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Our family used this hotel as a place to stay before we left the island. The staff was very accommodating as we needed to leave our bags there for two full days while we were out and about the island touring. They also let us come back to use showers by the pool before we departed for the airport at night. Our one bedroom suite was fantastic for our family of five. We would definitely recommend staying here. Great location and awesome rooms!!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
clem l, General Manager at Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Aloha Deb L,

Thank you for your recommendation. We agree that the one bedroom suite is a fantastic room for families and that the location is great, central to shopping, restaurants and the beach.

We want you to be comfortable on your late night flight home, therefore we gladly offer showering facilities to you and your family.

We hope to welcome you back again, very soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We stayed here for a few nights after flying into Honolulu to do Pearl Harbor and Waikiki before heading to our main destination. The room was large, but had tile and loud. Nice outdoor patio with a good view of the ocean over the other buildings. Initially we were upgraded to a suite but they couldn't get the air conditioner working so we ended up not staying there. The location is the best part of this hotel due to walking proximity to shopping and restaurants, as well as the beach. Easily caught Ubers to hike Diamond Head and to do Pearl Harbor. This is not high end but very functional and nice.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Aloha TxGrlOutDoors,

Mahalo for posting on Tripadvisor.com.

We are happy you enjoyed the large, ocean view room with the outdoor patio from which to enjoy the view of the ocean. We agree, the location is central to shopping, restaurants and the beach.

Thank you for choosing the Luana Waikiki.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel received good reviews which is why we decided to stay there. However our room was quite noisy given it was located right next to a service station. Location was good and quite close to the beach and shops. Breakfast was okay but quite expensive given what we received. The hotel doesn’t have a bar, which is not all that important however it would have been nice to go for a drink before dinner. The hotel was clean though.
The free yoga my wife attended was okay but the yoga teacher was quite unfriendly and didn’t even introduce herself or say hello when she was asked whether she was teaching yoga that morning. The reception staff were friendly however the staff located at the front of the hotel didn’t assist with bags up and down stairs even though they could see some people struggling to carry their bags. Wouldn’t stay at this hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jamie N

Aloha Jamie N,

We are happy you found the hotel clean and the hotel staff, friendly.

We wish you had informed us that you were not content with your room as we would have offered you other rooms that would have met your expectations.

The restaurant will be open for dinner and cocktails in the near future, to accommodate your drink before dinner.

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor.com.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Great experience at Luana Waikiki!!! The staff inspecialy the manager Kanani was awesome!! We would definitely recommend this downtown location to everyone that is looking for a great hotel and very very close to all that Waikiki has to offer !!!

Thx

Chris and family!!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Cris M

Aloha Cris M,

Mahalo for posting that you had a Great Experience at the Luana Waikiki!!!

Kanani exemplifies wonderful customer service.

Thank you for making the Luana Waikiki, your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Hotel is in a great location, minutes from the beach and shops. The front entrance can get a bit busy especially if multiple guests arrive at the same time. The valet was friendly and assisted my group, although several of us were not using the valet but only dropping off luggage. I opted to use the Hale Koa parking lot behind Luana, as I am DoD and can get a pretty good rate. The parking lot is about a two minute walk around the hotel, nothing that isn’t manageable.

Once my team started checking-in, Melanie (believe she was the manager on duty) questioned our group rate and was actually able to get us a better rate for our extended stay. I am so thankful she was there, paying attention and went the extra mile to get us a better rate. She definitely could have let us check-in and pay the higher rate, but she knew we qualified for the lower rate and made a phone call and got it authorized. That’s what I call customer service. The rest of the check-in was great and AlJohn was extremely friendly and helpful.

The room was clean as was the rest of hotel. After the day we had at the last hotel (personal items covered in mold) this was a refreshing arrival. Room is quite roomy with a kitchenette. I am here for over 30 days on busy and the ability to make some in-rooms meals was needed. The bathroom is a bit on the smaller side, but it will work and I personally would rather have the kitchenette than a large bathroom, but that’s my personal preference.

Also, I wasn’t paying attention when I checked-in and noticed when I got to my room that it was two queen beds vice a queen and a sofa. I called the front desk and they said they would move me with no problem but would call me back after she looked up the rooms. She did call back but they did not have any rooms available until 2 days later. Although she said originally that they would move me, she immediately called me back and gave me a thorough explanation and was extremely courteous and friendly. I was very pleased to know that she tried multiple times to accommodate my request and although I have to wait a couple days, I am able to change to the room wanted.

So far, Day 1, this hotel gets a 5-Star rating for service, cleanliness, accommodations, and location.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank rv128

Aloha rv128,

Mahalo for posting a review on Tripadvisor.com.

We are delighted that you feel the Luana Waikiki Hotel and Suites receives your personal 5-Star rating for Service, Cleanliness, Accommodations and Location.

The helpful staff is very service oriented and will do everything in their ability to make your stay, all that you expect it to be.