All I want to mention is the fact that the PM manager, Les, really lives up to his name "Less". We prepaid through Orbitz and upon arriving to the property attempted to park in their parking area. I could only get to the 1st level of parking. There was no way of getting any higher than that due to the low ceiling of the parking structure. When I let the manager know about the parking situation all the problems started. Les did very little to remedy the issue! At one point Les made me feel like it was my problem because I had a vehicle that was too big and that I should of mentioned that I had a larger vehicle when booking our trip... I just about lost it when I heard that! I really need not get into any more details of the rest.
At this point I did not want to even stay at this POORLY managed property. We went back and forth with all of this for a little over an hour. We ended up being relocated across the street to the WAY BETTER MANAGED Courtyard By Marriott. When checking in over there Mr. Fujimoto took care of us. We explained the situation to him. With no hesitation he apologized(although not his fault) and had room keys in our hands within minutes! Outstanding! Our poor children and my wife could FINALLY rest!
One of the things that really stood out was the fact Mr.Fujimoto is most probably less than half the age of Les... I honestly expected a lot more from Les! I am going to write the GM of the Ohana Waikiki Malia and ask what happened there? Is this how they treat all their prepaid guests? Just how much business is being turned away due to this kind of unacceptable guest treatment? How do they stay in business with this type guest treatment? I mean, clearly upper management at Ohana Waikiki Malia is not aware of this. I am sure the Ohana Waikiki Malia is a great property but with unbecoming guest treatment that my wife and I experienced from Les is really taking away the true meaning of the "Aloha Spirit".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- OHANA Waikiki Malia by Outrigger is conveniently located in Central Waikiki on Kuhio Avenue and is a short stroll to a wide variety of shopping and dinning on Kalakaua Avenue and the Waikiki Beach Walk promenade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your OHANA Waikiki Malia by Outrigger reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ohana Waikiki Malia Honolulu
- OHANA Waikiki Malia By Outrigger Hawaii/Honolulu