4,523 results
All reviews the study morimoto restaurant sunrise pool iron chef day bed pool area waikiki beach ala moana shopping our honeymoon adult pool main pool amazing hotel min walk red lobster pool staff turn down service main waikiki
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This hotel is amazing. We stayed here for 3 nights last September. At the time, we had our 9 month old daughter with us and the hotel was able to accommodate us without making us feel like lepers with a kid.

The room is luxurious -- all white, minimal -- I personally like this; I can't have this in my own home, but I do like to experience something different for my money.

The pool is wonderful -- a perfect retreat for couples and children. Well staffed. Pool side service is excellent.

Morimoto's restaurant -- a wonderful treat -- I loved the pulled pork and peanut butter caramel ice-cream.

The hotel is situated next to the Hyatt or another big chain hotel, so in the evening we would walk to the next hotel to enjoy the open air entertainment and other family amenities at the hotel next door!

We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012

What a breath of fresh air after all the anonymous gigantic chain hotels that dominate the Waikiki hotel scene. Though slightly too many rooms to be labelled boutique- everything else earns the Mideen this label. Funky foyer, attentive staff dressed in trendy uniforms, really well appointed spacious rooms ( with cute touches like a ukulele and sarongs for the pool) and 2 lovely pool areas playing chilled background music whilst the pool staff circulates frequently refilling iced water or offering food and beverage menus. Everything appears relaxed and laid back but the staff are definitely on their ties. Just be warned that if you book a twin bedded room you will not get a balcony ( which was disappointing but we were upgraded to a pool side room and the waist high window opens up fully anyway) complaints about the openness of the bathroom are unwarranted as you can shut the louvres for privacy. The hotel certainly does not feel like an old one revamped- it's classy and contemporary. Did find the neighbourhood around it to be a bit rough at night but otherwise I couldn't recommend the Modern highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Dear travelingaussie0,

Thank you very much for staying at the Modern and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you were impressed with the laid back luxury that you received at our hotel.

It was a pleasure to read that you can't recommend us enough!

Unitl next time, Mahalo!

Nic Barger

Reviewed 10 July 2012

True that Waikiki has an abundance of nice, beachfront hotels, but this one has a unique laid-back vibe. We indulged in a suite for our family and the view was over the top. We really enjoyed the casual restaurant at the pool. Staff and service very nice. Partying noise is an issue.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Located right by Waikiki beach, this hotel is the only one I've seen that is not a humongous complex with overbusy shopping galleries and restaurants. It is 10 minutes away from all the fun, and you get to walk by the beach to get there. The rooms are beautiful, especially the ones with a balcony and ocean view. There is no full ocean view, but you can get a pretty nice view anyway.
The people are friendy, the swimming pool is very nice and warm, and it has the charm of a small hotel, but very modern. You can get into the club if you are staying in the hotel without having to wait in line for hours, the Addiction club is very busy on weekends. I went there by myself, it was my first time in Hawaii, and I loved it!

Room Tip: get ocean view, at least.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I love this hotel. It was a little hard to find, but worth the hunt. A tip - park valet.

The rooms are beautiful. The ocean view is lovely over the marina. I love the poolside bar. The food is great and it's just gorgeous.

If you stay here, don't miss Morimoto Waikiki which is on the property. The food is a work of art! I'd also recommend this hotel for meetings and events. Again, the rooms provide a wow factor and the sales staff is accommodating as far as creating package deals to meet your needs.

Room Tip: Make sure you have an ocean view!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business