We stayed at the Modern Feb. 20-27, 2012. Overall the experience was excellent. The service is good, the staff all young, dressed well and very attractive. The rooms clean roomy, very very modern and nice. Ours was a partial ocean view. The location is about a 20 min walk to downtown Waikiki strip. And it was a walk we enjoyed everyday. I would personally recommend the Modern to anyone 40 and under. That's just my opinion, the hotel has a funky and young vibe. The "Private Beach" on the 2nd floor was great, small wading pool surrounded by pool lounge chairs and sand avec pool side bar - was fantastic. Also, in the early evening the downstairs library area transforms into a lounge. Very nice spot to have a few pre-evening drinks to start the night.
Overall, excellent hotel. Very fresh, new and "Modern" with a funky, youthful vibe. We booked this week trip through Expedia and traveled from Vancouver. The price was excellent and the hotel certainly exceeded our expectations. This is a boutique 4 star hotel, if you are looking for the best hotel with the best location on the beach, this is not it. But if you are looking for an excellent hotel, with a fresh vibe, and don't mind walking to the beach, and saving a ton of cash in the process, then The Modern is the place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and lastminute.com.au so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii