“Big family, two wagons”

Cuisines: Seafood
Neighbourhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Neighbourhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We loaded our crew and travelled out to this #1 rated restaraunt. We failed to notice it closed at 7:30pm. We walked around no one spoke to us.
We organised Uber & cabs to escape back to civilisation This is not the place for tourists more take home locals.

2  Thank David D

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent poke. I measure by whether there are strands in the raw fish. None here. Very tender. I got Hawaiian style which I was very happy with. My niece got one with more gravy, and that was a bit salty. I couldn’t resist ordering the beef stew but that was only ok. Decent parking, ok seating.

3  Thank Alan T
Reviewed 2 April 2018

It was poring rain but we still made it here. First, there is ample parking and it is on a main street and easy to find. Second, there is a wide variety of poke and non-poke dishes to choose from...and they are delicious!

The fish is fresh and there is no tsuji (gristle).

I wish that there more places to sit but such is life. We took it to go. One suggestion would be to separate the fish and rice somehow in the container or use two containers as the heat from the rice heats up the fish.

Nonetheless, it was still tasty after getting it back to the hotel room.

Try the others, but you'll end up back here. Better than Ono Seafood.

2  Thank Karl K
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Went here twice in a 4 day visit. My husband would have eaten it every day if he could. You really have to get the poke bowls. Fish cannot possibly be fresher. They were literally cutting up a large fish in the back when we were there the first time. This is raw fish in case someone doesn’t know. Poke seems to be what everyone gets although they do have some fried stuff.

1  Thank Erica K
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I wish that I had discovered this place earlier in my vacation. Incredible food at great prices. Don't miss this!

2  Thank jsethwitmer