“Trump's them all”

Trump International Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #3 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
“Trump's them all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Just like to say, what a magnificent hotel, with the best staff, great rooms, and fantastic service.
My wife and I , will definately stay here again, our compliments to all the smiling staff at the Trump Hotel, Waikiki.

1 Thank JH8552

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

When I had to pick a hotel for our stay in Honolulu I wasn't sure if the Trump would be the right choice for us traveling with kids, but the excellent reviews about this top notch property convinced me. And they didn't let us down!! The hotel is located at the western end of Waikiki beach next to a recreational park. So the area is not that busy, but of course you stay in a larger city and there is the usual city noise around like traffic or live music from surrounding hotels.
Over all the Trump is awesome! The moment we arrived we were welcomed by very friendly staff members, which were always nice and helpful during our entire stay. We were upgraded to a 1bedroom suite that offered plenty of room for our family. What a nice surprise! We had a good room rate anyway since we had a 4th night free offer. I can also recommend signing up for the Trump card. I couldn't believe my eyes, when I saw that they really had taken care of all the things that I mentioned in my profile (e.g. I am a tea drinker, so an array of different teas was waiting and I like to sweeten my tea with honey so I also found a jar of that)...that was a very nice touch!
The suite was excellent equipped, the kitchen is a dream top notch appliances, the bathroom spacious! Although we were on the lower floors (12) we enjoyed spectacular partial ocean view.
The kids were thrilled by their welcome package (a tray of drinks - milk, different juices -, cookies and a personalized letter with recommendations like the Honolulu Zoo etc.). The other guests at the hotel were a mix of families with kids, mostly business travelers and couples. Although the pool is small, fancy (infinity) and a bit windy, it is good enough for a plunge after a day of sight seeing. The beach is really just a few steps away and you'll get nice beach bags from the concierge with water, towels and fruit.
We also enjoyed watching the sun set during happy hour in the lounge! Spectacular!
For us, the Trump Hotel was the perfect spot to stay during our Waikiki vacation. The accommodation, every single staff member and their service were outstanding. And most of all we felt very welcomed as a family! I also like that it is a smaller hotel without the usual shops and buzz in the lobby area. It has a SPA, a restaurant, breakfast cafe, too. We used to make breakfast ourselves in our room and had dinner once at the BLT steakhouse on site.

The Trump hotel is very kid friendly, but it's not a family wonderland with pool lagoons, water slides and kids club entertainment what you might get at other properties. So if that's what you are looking for - go somewhere else. We, the parents and our three kids age 2,5,7 didn't miss a thing and we will definitely stay again at the Trump!
OK - one thing my kids were missing, was Disney channel. They just offer it as pay TV and I didn't want to pay 4 dollar for 20 minutes Good Luck Charlie... :)) But honestly the kids survived the four nights even without their favorite TV show pretty well!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the ocean view! We had a corner room on the lower floors and the vie...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank blauer_goldfisch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

After a 9 hour flight which landed at 7am, it was wonderful that we were able to check in early and we were given an upgrade too. The room was spacious and the bed is so comfortable. The room is serviced twice a day and the staff work to your schedule. I would recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

This place is awesome. They allowed an early check in at 10 am and the room was perfect with one of the best beds I have ever slept in. Very good location, pool not so good but this is not really a resort hotel. To round your trip off make sure you make time for dinner at Roy's.

Alabaster, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I used Expedia to book our flight/Trump Hotel Waikiki for 6 nights for our 25th anniversary. We are seniors on a fixed income but I wanted our trip to be special and liked the good reviews I read. Every positive thing I read about Trump is true. The staff is excellent and friendly. We received a free upgrade to a room with a beautiful ocean view on the 18th floor. The bed was very comfortable as the were the sheets. A complimentary bottle of sparkling wine was delivered to our room in honor of our anniversary. Our room was cleaned twice a day and the turn-down service was fast, efficient and not intrusive at all. The open shower in the good-size bathroom is excellent. Put a bathmat down if you are worried about water on the marble floor! Best towels and robes ever. The kitchen area had every imaginable appliance including blender. The beach bag with fruit/water is a nice touch to take to the beach which is absolutely a short walk across the street. Quite frankly to keep our costs to a minimum we used the excellent city bus to go everywhere for a buck (senior rate) – even to and from the airport (we did not arrive at The Trump in a cab let alone a limo). We purchased our staples at Wal-Mart which has amazing prices for Honolulu. While we did not eat at the Trump restaurants they do have happy hour with reasonably priced beer and wine and appetizers. We wish we would have tried their famous Mai Tais but we are not really drinkers. It was so quiet there. The swimming pool is fine – long and good for cooling off. There’s an ocean out there folks! We loved the area and the upscale shops. It is not as crowded as right in the heart of Waikiki and you can easily walk everywhere. Plus you are also across from Ft. DeRussy a very very nice park. I would recommend this hotel even for the budget conscious! For those with lots of discretionary income it is a must. For those on a fixed income there are other ways to cut back on expenses! Live it up!

Room Tip: 18th floor
2 Thank DDLBDDLB