Wyndham Royal Garden at Waikiki
USD 422
USD 378
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 505/night.

USD 318
USD 249
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 281/night.

Prince Waikiki(Honolulu)
USD 320
USD 274
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 334/night.

USD 449
USD 310
Agoda.com
USD 562
USD 514
HotelsClick
  • Beachfront
All reviewsmedia roomfree laundrymassage chairtime sharepartial kitchenmedia centertimeshare pointscanal viewstudio unittimeshare propertyminute walkthe ala wai canallaundry roomcoffee makerwithin walking distancequiet locationsmall refrigerator
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

The Wyndham Royal Garden never disappoints. The staff and service levels are GREAT and beyond compare! This resort exemplifies hospitality service. Thanks for another great stay. Our room was immaculate and the resort has great amenities.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2018

This was a nice place but didn’t have a hot tub. We had to walk about 4 small blocks to eat. Next time we would stay closer to the beach. It wasn’t the best surroundings to walk places. If you just need a go between place to stay , this will do.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Wyndham is the big man on the block re: timeshares. We were in Waikiki for two weeks one week at our Hilton complex and one week at the Wyndham. The resort is lacking of typical beach resorts.

The pool is more in line with a Holiday Inn and there are NO pool side services. We stayed at the Wyndham in Princeville last year so we were very surprised to see the lack of semi-luxury

The units were clean and the staff helpful. We did enjoy our time there but there was not much to exceed your expectations. So if you looking for just a place to rest then this is a good choice. If you are looking to be pampered in Hawaii well keep looking

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YourSBcoach
loanm131, Manager at Wyndham Royal Garden at Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Aloha YourSBcoach,
Mahalo for taking the time to write a good review regarding your recent stay. Although we do not have some of the luxury amenities that a beachfront larger resort may have, we offer our guests a much quieter ambience with amenities such as the Zen Garden and a complimentary usage of a massage chair in the Media Lounge. Our location is one of our greatest assets, being away from the hustle and bustle of the main streets of Waikiki, yet walking distance to restaurants, shops, world renown Waikiki Beach and public transportation.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I just stayed here for the first four nights of our twelve night trip to Oahu. We were paying quite a bit to stay at a nice resort for the rest of the trip, and four nights here helped offset the cost so that we could spend it on more vacation activities

At first I was hesitant to book here, partly based on the cheap rate of $160 per night. (Thats pretty low in Waikiki) There were also other reviews mentioning how this is a private owned condo hotel and some of the rooms were more updated than others. Some being pretty worn out and shabby. Apparently the upper floors, above the 16th, are Wyndham owned and renovated? Lower floors are privately owned and rented as timeshares.

Located about six blocks from the beach, this building is decades old, but so are almost all the hotels in Waikiki. Even the nicest ones. The lobby was old fashion hotel marble floors and crystal chandeliers. Kind of throwback to another era of hotel design. The place was in good shape and maintained well.

We got a king bed Studio. Room 1604. The room was clean, updated, and had modern amenities. Kitchen was fully furnished with dishes/glasses/etc., coffee maker, toaster,but no stovetop. Only a microwave.

Wifi was free and quick.

The bathroom was pretty small. Especially the shower. While the rest of bathroom was renovated and newer, the shower curtain needed to be replaced and the tub was showing a little age. Also, the hot water pressure was not too good. It pulsated when you turned it up too hot, but neither was that big of a deal for us. We made due.

Bed was soft, and thankfully not firm as a board. We slept well. View was nothing special, but the balcony was great so I didn't have to leave the room to smoke. (Smokers beware. You can hardly legally smoke anywhere in Hawaii. Not in public parks, public beaches, bars, or within 25 feet of any building.)

The room looked exactly like the hotel webpage showed. Not luxury, but a comfortable and modern 3 star class hotel. We were pleased!

All the employees were great. From Check-in, to concierge and the doorman, who welcomed us back each night and was very concerned about my sunburnt legs. Even running to get me sunscreen when he saw my charred legs and feet one morning! He was more concerned than I was.

Only one thing we didn't enjoy about the Wyndham...

Being a timeshare property, of course they wanted us to come listen to their sales presentation the day we check out. Started pushing it at the check-in. Had no interest until they offered us two $100 AMEX prepaid debit cards for our time. So off we went in their van to the sales office nearby.

Mike was our salesman. After the pitch had started, I didn't think we'd possibly be done in the 1.5 hours they said, but we did manage escape just before the two hour point.

I made the mistake of telling him how much our annual trip hotel costs were and then letting him check my credit. In hindsight, I wish I hadn't given my SS# and driver's license for the credit check. Who knows who that info might come across?

When he saw my credit was perfect, this guy just wouldn't take no for an answer. He just kept pushing and pushing. Wanting me to explain why, and what reasons I had for not wanting to put $4K down on the spot and make $250-400 monthly payments for ten years in order to own a timeshare and be able to stay at any Wyndham vacation property worldwide.

Offering to take us to lunch. Having me make a list of reasons for buying the timeshare vs reasons not to. Offering to delay the first payment for six months when I told him I wasn't prepared to drop $4K on a down payment. Repeatedly disappearing into the office, printing up a new contract proposal with lower payments, telling me he was going to be giving me a huge deal just for me and pushing me to, "Common, let's do this. What are you waiting for. Why not? Come on! You know it makes sense! You want to sign this!"

No Mike, I don't!

I'd just spent $6K on a vacation. Don't want to spend another unplanned $4K and get stuck with another bill for a decade. I don't care if I'll save money on vacations lodgings in the long run over a lifetime. I'm not interested. I don't want to explain why. Only reason I'm here is to give you 1.5 hours and get the $200. I'm not buying anything.

We did indeed get the gift cards after saying repeatedly for over hour after the presentation. We were afraid we wouldn't get the money if we just got up and left. We tried the "Let us sleep on it" but he told us the offer was for today only and wouldn't even let us keep the printed proposal and financing offers.

Other than the sales pitch, our stay was great and we probably would have been comfortable there for the full twelve days had we not splurged on luxury accommodations. But this was annual vacation, so we we splurge.

FREE PARKING ADVICE

Parking is $35-50 per day in Waikiki. If you want to save some money, take my advice here...

First thing, rent the smallest car possible.

Free street-side parking can be found along the 1+ mile long Ala Wai Blvd. -following the canal- just two blocks north from the hotel, (except for Mon and Fri 8:30am-11:30am for street cleaning.) You can also park on the street for free on Monsarrat Ave., down by the zoo. About a half mile walk. (Uber less than five minutes back to the hotel for $5. Or, take the public bus for $2.50 )

The parking garage 12 blocks down the street at the Banyan Condo towers is also open to non-guests for $20 per day. Possibly the cheapest in Waikiki? We found street-side parking every night except for one at these two street-side locations.

If we'd had a midsize car, we never would've found a free spot!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Adam81980
loanm131, Manager at Wyndham Royal Garden at Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Aloha Adam81980! Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review regarding your recent stay, providing the viewers with some great advice! Yes, we are a mixed used property with Vacation Ownership units and privately owned units on the upper floors. In regards to the smoking, Hawaii State Law mandates that one cannot smoke within 20 feet of the property; to include balconies. Our location and staff are our greatest assets. We're situated within walking distance to the beach, restaurants, shops, and public transportation. Our staff truly delivers genuine island hospitality. Thank you for taking a chance and booking with us and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back should your travels bring you back to our beautiful island! Mahalo!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The property is a well maintained and resides in the west end of Waikiki. The public beach is a good 10-15 minute walk. The staff is overall friendly and helpful, especially the bell service team. Overall, it has a comfortable feel of the property.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI

Aloha Wesley T!
Mahalo for taking the time to write a great review regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Vacation Resorts Royal Garden at Waikiki. Although not located in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Waikiki, our location is in a quieter neighborhood; yet walking distance to shops, restaurants, world renown Waikiki Beach, and public transportation. Thank you for the great feedback on our staff, they truly deliver genuine island hospitality. Should your travels bring you back to our beautiful island, we hope you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back! Mahalo!