I had been to this property when it was first opened, and by myself, stayed in a 1 bedroom city view that looked out at the Illikai next door. This time, with 5 of us, we upgraded to a Premier 2 bedroom, our view was straight out to the gorgeous sunset, over the marina. We could watch surfers all day long, see the Friday night fireworks from the lanai (really loud echo off the Illikai). It was called a "corner ocean view" by the staff checking us into the hotel. I had read about a lack of service here, and found this trip it was completely the opposite experience for us, we were treated quite well, and anything we needed was ours by pressing one button on the phone. We were advised there would only be a midweek cleaning, as we were staying a week on my Hilton Grand Vacations Club points. We called a few days into the week and said we needed more towels & shampoo, they were there in minutes. When the technologically challenged 3 of us messed up the TV, we pressed the customer service button and about 30 minutes later we were helped by Joanne from Maintenance. She was great! She walked us through how to manage the TV, DVD player, stereo system, and channel 4, which is SO beautiful in the hotel! We looked down on the twice weekly luau and had that lovely music on the lanai at dinner time. Even the always shady lagoon pool was just below our room, and we watched the filming on Hawaii 5-0 from our deck one afternoon. We bought some beach chairs for $25 at the ABC store and used them the whole week, instead of paying $11 per day to rent a beach chair. Most days we sat at the Hilton Lagoon, which was warmer than both the ocean and the Ocean Pool at the Hilton (very cold). I rented a Paddle Board on the lagoon ($30 hr) and was a little bored after the first 20 minutes. A couple of times around the lagoon and you're done. It's is a great workout and the boards at the Hilton Lagoon are nice and new. Service at the Tropics bar and pool were excellent. Almost all the food served at the pool comes pre-packaged from the same place, the grab and go next to the Ocean Pool. Meals eaten onsite were very good, Tropics Bar (except one poor breakfast item), Japanese Restaurant in the Bazaar, Round Table Pizza and Lapperts Ice Cream were all excellent and not unreasonable priced. We walked almost everywhere, just minutes from the Ala Moana and it's excellent food court, We needed a cab to Pearl Harbor and the Diamond Head Trail, so location is great. We rented a car for a circle island trip one day, watched the surfers at Bonzai Pipeline and Makapu Beach. Yes, the resort is huge, there is a lot going on all the time, but if you are sitting out at the lagoon, you don't feel overcrowded at all. We were there a full week, everyone who worked in the hotel was very friendly and said Aloha as we walked by. I will mention that I do always travel with ear plugs, and this is one of those places you will need them. Honolulu has a lot of traffic noise, but there also is a plethora of things to keep you entertained. This condo oasis amid the hectic city is a perfect place to stay in Waikiki.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations is located on the grounds of the Hilton Hawaiian Village. This 38-story tower heralds a new era of elegance in the oceanfront paradise of Waikiki, a Hawaii destination of romance and dreams, of cultures and cuisines. With the surrounding Hawaiian Village at your doorstep, you can dine in over 20 restaurants and lounges, find that perfect souvenir, or enjoy a wide variety of activities the whole family will enjoy. Enjoy six swimming pools including the new Paradise Pool at Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations. Accommodations include one and two bedroom suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct and Booking.com so you can book your Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Waikikian Suites By Hilton Grand Vacations Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotels Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Grand Waikikian By Hilton Grand Vacations Hawaii/Honolulu