“Last family meal before heading back home. ”
Review of Yauatcha Waikiki

Yauatcha Waikiki
Reserve with OpenTable
Yauatcha Waikiki is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 2,579 Restaurants in Honolulu
Price range: USD 30 - USD 60
Description: Yauatcha is a Chinese dim sum teahouse offering an all-day dining experience. Yauatcha provides a unique dining experience, offering authentic dim sum with a contemporary influence. The menu includes a wide selection of dim sum and a list of over 30 types of tea. Yauatcha is also known for its hand-made petits gateaux, macarons and chocolate.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Oh my goodness the food there was outstanding. Even my kids thought so as well. The Mushroom noodles, were to die for. The beef in black pepper, was just so yummy. There wasn't a bad meal that we ordered from there. It was so worth the money. If ever we're back in Honolulu again that would be the first place that we would go to. If would have to be the best food that we've had here so far.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

You think to yourself, how good could this place be and then you find out! Very clean and beautiful restaurant. Professional and friendly staff from the moment you enter the door. Make a reservation, it is recommended. Drinks are great. They have it all. And for the Dim Sum....OMG!!!!! Bite size morsels of heaven. Dipping sauces that leave you wanting more. It is not just a meal here but an adventure!!!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Some friends and I had dinner here on a week night so it wasn't very busy and we were seated right away. The interior is very modern, not much Asian influence except for the pretty embroidered back of the seat cushions.

Our server was very good and explained everything we asked about. We had about eight plates of dim sum, a salad dish and a noodle dish which we shared. Everything was tasty but the noodle dish was not only too spicy (we asked for very mild), but I didn't care for the flavor much.

The desserts were beautiful, like pieces of art beautiful but we were pretty full from dinner so we opted to order a few macarons which were too sweet. I love macarons and I'm a sugar addict so saying something is sweet is very unusual for me.

Overall I enjoyed the experience but it was a pricy meal for what we had.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

It was pure serendipity, I made a reservation here and within ten hours we heard that my son received a fellowship to work and study in China for the summer. This became a dim sum celebration. Living in a city where the closest dim sum restaurant is 180 miles, this was a real treat. The atmosphere here is spectacular and the food will be one our family will remember forever.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

With all respect, this is no Chinatown dim sum joint. And I happen to love them!
But sadly, Yauatcha may have ruined that forever for us. Simply put, this is the best dim sum we have ever eaten. There is nothing that has ever rolled past us on a little cart that we haven't tried at least once, so I thought we had a pretty good idea of what we might end up with.
Wrong.
No cart, by the way, but I really didn't expect one!
Just an outstanding array of dim sum and oodles of other dishes, enough to make our heads spin. So we took the lazy option of ordering the $78 (per person) Signature menu.
Although the website says this is for a minimum of 4 people, that is incorrect. They happily served it to the two of us.
Be warned: go hungry. Do not snack after lunch if you go for dinner!
Eight different varieties of dim sum, some traditional, and some wildly inventive. Venison puff?
All were outstanding, fresh, hot, and served with impeccable timing.
Just the introductory course before the crispy duck with pancakes (think: duck tacos with hoi sin sauce), sweet and sour pork, and baby bok choi. The pork was PORK, not sweet and sour gristle, and the sauce was done with fresh pineapple, and pomegranate, which provides the colour.
To make the evening perfect, beyond the attentive service, we had a lovely Provence Rose, which is nice to find for a change.
I could go on and on...
We will definitely go back before we return home.

1  Thank Ken M