All reviews hgvc owner newest tower we stayed in a two bedroom hawaiian village floor lounge soaking tub full kitchen washer dryer resort view third floor rice cooker lower lobby living room floor number lagoon area family stay grand waikikian
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

This was my second time utilizing the HGV system and I must admit, I was very impressed with the One Bedroom Condominium I stayed in Waikiki...
Great Location, Great Property, Great Attractions, friendly Staff.
The only real issue I had was with the $43.00 per day Parking Fee! And that it is an “Unserviced” (No Housekeeping) property.
Other than that, it was Perfect!
-NW

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 6 nights at this property and it is possibly one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in.

Arrival was pleasant and we were greeted with a lei which was nice. From there it went downhill...

Our ocean view room was actually more of the park and the roof tops of other buildings.

The cups and other dishes provided were filthy, including bright pink lipstick stains and coffee rings on the cups. One bathroom had no amenities and we had to call for them.

There is absolutely no customer service in this hotel, except for James who welcomes you to the hotel with a lei, and Chris on the bell desk.

I went to the front desk and spoke to someone about how unhappy we were with the room and the cleanliness. Front desk staff got a “manager” to come and help. There was a serious lack of care or concern from this manager. Not only could she not understand our issue (language barrier) but she didn’t care. We were in a room with a king and 2 doubles and she openly admitted that they only offer rooms with two kings at the front of the hotel. When I asked why people who need 2 doubles are penalised and given the crap views, she shrugged her shoulders and said sorry.

We had the same terrible service issues from another front desk manager, Christina, and from the concierge (who only wanted to get us to a time share presentation).

We only got a resolution when I spoke to another manager Shari. She treated us with respect and listened with empathy and concern. We were upgraded to a 3 bedroom penthouse. However, while the room clean and view was incredible, it still had some major flaws.

To make it worse, I’m a Hilton Diamond Member and the hotel go out of their way to not only acknowledge they don’t recognise Hilton Honours, but it almost guarantees you deplorable service.

All in all our stay was ruined by staff who go out of their way to treat you badly, then argue with you when you call them out on it. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, purely based on their non existent customer service.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank colonel_kjm
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at The Grand Islander by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Aloha, thank you for sharing your experience. I am the one who assisted you prior to your move and it saddens me to hear you were not happy with your originally assigned ocean view suite or the suite we upgraded you to in the penthouse. Our suites are configured differently and each one has its uniqueness. I sincerely apologize if we made you feel like we didn’t care about you or your concerns. While I wasn’t made aware of any flaws after making sure you were comfortable in your new suite, I am hoping you reached out to another member of our staff so we could resolve for you. We take your feedback very seriously, and would like to know what type of flaws were in the penthouse suite so we can look into the matter further. Thank you for sharing your feedback. Your comments will help us review our operations and retrain our service team members moving forward.

Warmest mahalo,
Shari Tachibana
Director of Guest Services

Reviewed 3 December 2017

We just checked in today and were very pleased with our room. Most of the employees were very pleasant to deal with, especially the two people in the 34th floor lounge. They really made us feel welcome.

However, our impression of the hotel was quickly soured by the concierge. The hotel provides vouchers for two bottles of water for each room. Since we have five people in our room (we are staying in a two bedroom penthouse suite), we asked for more bottles and were flat out denied. The concierge said that most people buy their own water here and that "Hawaii is not for saving money."

First off, any water distribution policy should at a minimum provide one bottle per person per night. It seems like a strange point on which to get cheap with your customers. But even more upsetting was this rude and completely uncalled for comment by the concierge. I would not want to deal with them again and will be less likely to return to what is otherwise a lovely hotel.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Eis101
hiltongrandvacations, Front Office Manager at The Grand Islander by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Aloha Eis101. Thank you for staying with us while in Hawaii. I will be sharing your comment with all departments. I am sorry your interaction with our concierge marred your overall experience. The two bottles of water per room, per day is a Hilton Grand Vacations brand standard, but there are much more polite ways to advise you of this policy. I hope we get an opportunity to host you again in the future.

Happy holidays,
John Fayette
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Being a Hilton Diamond member for years, we have stayed quite a few hotels in Waikiki. Positive: newer facility, decent sized room with kitchen. Negative: the first assigned room wasn’t our preference of high floor, got into 1110 opened the door and smelled someone have cooked fish in the room, very greasy, finally moved to a clean room on 12th floor, I bumped my shins multiple time and realized the box spring is standard King while the bed is “hotel king” ( the label was worn). Wife and kid took bath in the bathtub, wife tripped as there’s no anti-slip mat or grip and got bruises on elbow, boy’s wrist has scratches. Btw, you can hear new neighbors from upstairs. This is supposed to be a high-end resort. Unfortunately, this resort is not meeting our expectation. With the same price, you can find better options on Kalakaua. James

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jimmy D
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at The Grand Islander by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Aloha Jimmy D. Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay at our resort. Thank you very much for being a loyal Diamond member and for giving us a try. I apologize your initial room still had a cooking odor from the previous guest which should have been caught prior to assigning the room to you. I can assure you, our king beds are true to size. I see you are still at the resort, I will do my best to reach out to you while you are still here. We are taking your comments and problems you've experienced very seriously and will take the steps necessary to make it right for our future guests.

Mahalo,
Shari Tachibana
Director of Guest Services

Reviewed 2 December 2017

The place is magic, very well manicured, the staff is very friendly and helpful, prompt. A wonderful experience. The culture is different and the Luai show was very entertaining. The flowers, trees and green spaces are breathtaking.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family