Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Anthony M

Great staff, perfect location, & clean!!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Apr 2021via mobile
My girlfriend and I had such an amazing stay! The hotel itself is very beautiful, well maintained, offers great amenities, and is central to everything, including a 2-min walk to the beach!

I also want to highlight all of the wonderful stay from the front desk, to the stores, to the kind women that spotlessly cleaned our room every day — the staff here is exceptional!! Would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to anyone!
Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 28 Apr 2021
Aloha,
We are pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations and our beautiful location with easy access to the Waikiki lifestyle. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Mahalo for choosing Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger.

AU$808
9.7 km from Outrigger Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel
Free parking
View more hotels in Honolulu
1,279 results
All reviews aroma cafe maui brewing co front desk the cafe downstairs the cheesecake factory rooms are beautiful perfect location pool area housekeeping staff waikiki beach the aloha spirit included breakfast international marketplace wonderful stay partial view i highly recommend this hotel amazing hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 April 2021

This is my favorite place to stay when I come to Oahu. It’s so close to the beach, tons of great food within walking distance, and a super friendly and helpful staff.

Shout out to Kristina at the front desk who has helped me every time! She is always so welcoming and accommodating. Thanks Kristina!

Another shout out to RJ at the valet! I always park here since it’s so convenient and RJ is so nice and fast and keeps my car clean and safe! Thanks RJ!

Also have to mention the comfy room furniture and the Chromcast on all the TVs for when you want to stream something for a lazy day in.

All in all, my favorite go-to place on Waikiki!

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank jeffl261
Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger, Guest Services / Front Office at Outrigger Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2021

Aloha,
Thank you for staying at Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger. It is our pleasure to know that you loved your experience. We will be sure to share your glowing review about our hosts with the rest of our team. Mahalo and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 23 April 2021 via mobile

First of all, Kristina at the front desk has helped us check in every single time and she’s just delightful! She’s so kind, and willing to help, and makes us feel like we’re family coming home.

The rooms are clean and cozy and if you get a room facing the ocean, waking up to that view is magical!

Love that there is a cafe and market in the lobby. And a water refill machine for my reusable bottle - so convenient!

This location is also super close to all the happening events on island.

Couldn’t recommend it more!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 327ginas
Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger, Guest Services / Front Office at Outrigger Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2021

Aloha,
Thank you very much for returning to the Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger. It is such our pleasure to be your choice of stay while in Honolulu. Mahalo Nui Loa for your continued patronage and positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back again

Reviewed 16 April 2021

Where do I even begin with how satisfied I was with this hotel... well let me start by mentioning we have a luxurious taste for hotels, we normally stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and we did believe we may have been settling, by choosing this outrigger property based on some choice past reviews (that we saw on Yelp) and with the fact that it was a block or so from the beach and not "on the beach" reflecting on our stay we couldn't have been any more impressed with location, amenities, and overall organization and value of this property.

First let me start off with the front desk, Christina is amazing, she's focused, attentive, and incredibly nice. Daniel and Kiana are the managers we met, they were constantly checking in with guests ensuring their satisfaction. They were seen all over the property during our week there doing their part to make sure the hotel was clean, orderly, and that everything was running smoothly. I'm very thankful for their efforts as they made this a very comfortable experience for us.

Second, there is a coffee shop, it was good. The breakfast lacked a starch (potatoes) aside from that it filled every need. The live music EVERY night was a plus.in fact on Monday, I heard an incredible voice and was able to walk right in and grab a seat to watch the lead singer of Rebel Souhljaz performing was awesome & they also have a reasonably priced happy hour that we enjoyed.

Onto Maui Brewing, LOVED their on site cooler with $10 6packs ($10 4packs for porter) on site that i was able to sample throughout the trip. Their beer is incredible, their business model of being a 100% green brewery is fantastic. Food was all around great & their live music on the weekends was a plus. I would like to see them offer the food to the rooms (but with COVID and all) I believe that was a reason for room service not being up and running.

The hotel offered a poolside movie on Saturday night. It was not something we attended, but we found it to be a nice offering. The pool was exactly what we needed, perfect size, not too overly crowded, with a nice Jacuzzi as well. The hotel did a good job and making sure there was not too large of a gathering, but spaced out reservation times for each day so you could kind of build your day around your reservation time and still get to the pool and have some private time.

In regards to amenities, you're literally in the middle of a luxurious mall walking distance from almost anywhere. We enjoyed several restaurants as well as their happy hours with cheesecake factory in California pizza kitchen literally right around the corner and across the street. I was a 1 mile walk from Queens Beach which I went and purchased a $15 snorkel, and during that I was able to swim with a few sea lions, sea turtles, as well as an abundance of fish that circle the little reef just off shore. And the beach was a perfect beach for kids.

Uber and GrubHub seem to have no issue maneuvering in and out of the hotel making it very easy for them to drop off food as well as pick you up if you need a ride anywhere. One of my favorite parts of the stay was the awesome gentlemen over at the valet. First and foremost, they work in such an efficient manner that we never really had to wait very long for them to either take our car or bring us our car. They had great recommendations of things to do around the island, and quickly they learned our first names and we're constantly checking in with us to see if we were having a pleasant stay and enjoying our time.

For reference I'd like to mention the names RJ, Brax, Keanu, Norman, Bronson,Julius, & Desmond. You guys kick ass and we appreciate you. MAHALO!

I don't want to leave this review too lengthy, but I do want to say that our room was cleaned multiple times throughout our stay, every floor smelled clean and sanitized. The room was modern, and although we didn't have a bathtub, we were still able to see the beach from our bed, the breeze was perfect , the air conditioner cranked well, the hot water worked great, the soaps provided from the hotel worked well, the chrome cast in the room was also a plus so we could stream our TV shows.

I guess I just had a neutral expectation coming to this property from reading some past experiences from people. And this hotel surprised me, For it still being in the middle of a pandemic, for the amount of restrictions out there, they made it a very pleasant an awesome experience for us. When we come back to Oahu We will be returning to the Outrigger Beachcomber.

Room tip: Floors 8+ have a good view of the ocean
3  Thank Thejordandickson
Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger, Guest Services / Front Office at Outrigger Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2021

Aloha Jordan D,

Mahalo Nui Loa for your glowing review! We are truly overwhelmed by your kindness and praise. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments for all of our team. We are so proud of every one of them and can't wait to share your feedback with them!

Thank you for taking a chance on the Waikiki Beachcomber. We are simply overjoyed to read about your surprised delight, and in so many areas of property. As you mentioned, we are located in the heart of Waikiki - with endless activities and shopping in every direction! It sounds like you truly made the absolute most out of every day during your visit. Please feel free to tag us in any of your social media posts so that we can like them! @WaikikiBeachcomber #WaikikiBeachcomber #WaikikiVibes

Once again, Mahalo Nui Loa for choosing to stay at the Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger. We eagerly await your return! A Hui Hou!

Reviewed 12 April 2021 via mobile

Valet, front desk and lobby clerks were all friendly and helpful upon my arrival. The room was clean and beautiful! I stayed with a few friends for someone’s birthday and we were fortunate enough to have an ocean view room and it was just amazing!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank startin808
Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger, Guest Services / Front Office at Outrigger Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2021

Reviewed 3 April 2021

We spent hours researching the hotels and found the Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger that advertised a special discount in blue writing at the time of booking of a $20 per night per room resort fee rather than their standard $30 per night per room fee. They also showed they had an on site Polynesian experience performance and two restaurants and a pool since they were not beachfront which would make it more convenient while traveling with someone sight impaired and in case other entertainment was not open and available during our trip. We had booked two rooms for space, one room for us and one room for my father and teen son, our son was helping my father have a comfortable stay.
We had our Covid tests and had checked about uploading via verifly and was told by AA that verifly did not support Hawaii. I was never told that we needed an email nor a smart phone for my father who has neither. So the airport staff helped us complete the rest of the process, getting QR code’s and showing lab results. Then there were no taxis, no shuttle service from the hotel, and no Lyft/Uber to be had. After almost 4 hours, we finally got to the hotel from landing and We were thrilled to be checking in, only to find out that they would not honor the $20 per room per day resort fee rate, even though I had the screen shot on my phone from the day I booked our trip, 3/4/2021. In fact the resort fee was now 34.49 instead of the $30 it once was... hmmm now I’m paying even more per night for two rooms. They stated that was an old rate/promotion, I said yes, back when I booked the trip. I tried to log in to AA Vacations now, 3/28/2021 and lo and behold the promotion was no longer there... surprise, surprise. Then we go to show the Covid info from the airport and the email the staff at the airport set up for my father does not work. We were also then told that there was a limit of 1 hour per guest per day for the hotel pool, closing an hour earlier available only 8a-8p, and could only be signed up on day of, the magic of Polynesia show was not open, and the main food grill place was closed not opening til a day or two after we arrived. Then the hotel staff claimed to have upgraded our rooms and they were not, so that was disappointing. The views were not impressive. We spent the next couple hours trying to find food nearby which was crazy since everything either had a waitlist or was by reservation only, also good info to know in advance. And finally around 9pm had to just grab something to eat from the grill next to Basalt. Each day had other issues from trying to get around difficulties, to whatever Waikiki shuttle that was supposed to be part of our hotel, being useless. I was never told about anything included to make going to the beach more comfortable, nor told how the Waikiki trolley worked or where it might go or even how to find it. I couldn’t get a cab that took credit either the entire time we were here. The concierge activity planner comes across like a used car salesman, but after spending the first two days of my trip trying to Google what was open and what wasn’t I was at his mercy. Apparently he gets kickbacks from something like TripAdvisor per another review I read so I’m sure you’re paying up for using him. This was by far the worst family vacation with a person with a disability and it cost more than Disney which is saying something. We spent nearly $10K for so much less, which is a shame. I realize there has been a pandemic since 3/2020, my husband and I have been essentials and have been working tirelessly throughout, but with all the safety procedures in place and following all the rules we felt confident Hawaii would be a welcome relaxation place, it was not. And quite frankly we are a year from the beginning of the pandemic and there was plenty of opportunity for the hotels to state they would not honor lowered resort fees or have other services available. At this point I’m just happy to go home. I will not stay here again nor would I recommend it.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank ritah139
Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger, Guest Services / Front Office at Outrigger Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2021

Aloha Rita H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your valued review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and absolutely the only way in which we can better serve our guests.

Providing world-class hospitality is at the core of our brand promise, so it is disheartening to hear of your experience upon arrival. On behalf of all staff of the Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger, please accept my personal apology as this is not typical of how we care for our guests.

We have discussed this situation with the host and refunded the entire resort charge total toward your credit card. While this does not alleviate your previous experience, please know that your feedback has resulted in corrective action.

We apologize again for the problems, and thank you for taking the time to let us know about it. Without your feedback, we cannot continue to improve our services. We hope to welcome you back again, so that we may redeem ourselves.

Please take care and stay safe. Mahalo Nui Loa.