All reviews downtown honolulu aloha tower floor to ceiling windows business district aloha salads beautiful mountain view iolani palace business hotel living room within walking distance waikiki traffic full kitchen washer dryer street level love staying business travel bus lines
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We had a family member unexpectedly admitted to The Queen’s Medical Center and I was looking for a place to stay within walking distance of the hospital. So happy to have found Aston at the Executive Center Hotel! I have always stayed in the Waikiki area or near the Ala Moana Shopping Center and knew that the hotels in the downtown area are generally a little less touristy so I didn’t know what to expect.

I am happy that I chose this hotel because the location was perfect for me and my sister. Not a great area to walk around at night but we enjoyed a great dinner across the street so didn’t need to venture far.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Terry D, General Manager at Aston at the Executive Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Aloha,
I am sorry to hear that you visited under the circumstances and hope your family member is doing well. Mahalo for the positive comments on the property and our convenient proximity to the hospital.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Work often takes us from island to island and for training weeks as well, usually centered in Oahu for cost-savings to the outer islands, we do well choosing the Executive Centre Hotel. We can book larger rooms to save costs and we can always cook and enjoy a meal in our rooms. Views vary - but a glimpse of the skyline is all you need to get a feel for Honolulu swaying palms and gentle winds. The linens are always amply supplied and crisp and clean. The toiletries, coffee selection and decor are aloha examples of the Hawaiian relaxed ambience one can feel even in the city. Everything one needs is 'right around the corner' and walking is enjoyable for the explorers.

Room Tip: 30th floor and up gives great views
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank kauaivalentine
Terry D, General Manager at Aston at the Executive Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Aloha,
We are happy work brought you to our property and you enjoyed the views and amenities of the large full service units. Hopefully, business brings you back to stay again. :)

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Great hotel with updated rooms, in the middle of downtown Honolulu. Great views, has a pool, laundry facilities on-site(and some in the rooms), kitchenettes, and some of the best rates on the island! (Below the tourist trap Waikiki!). Lobby is clean (actually below street-level) and while hallways are dated, they have been maintained. Will definitely use as my go-to place when doing business in Honolulu!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Walter H
Terry D, General Manager at Aston at the Executive Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Aloha Walter,
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you back when on business.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

The room size can not be beat. It is like getting a Condo instead of a room. However, my room seems to have some maintenance issues. The shower leaks around the head, the bed is not the most comfortable I have ever had and the air conditioning goes through periods where it just doesn't seem to be able to catch up. It isn't bad, just not top notch. The lobby layout is a little confusing and takes a couple of passes to realize how to go from one area to another.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Aloha,
We apologize for the minor maintenance issues and hope you reported this to our desk team so we could offer alternate accommodations and hope you otherwise enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

This hotel is very overpriced for what you get. It needs some serious updating.
I'm a little confused as to why it rates so highly on TripAdvisor.
The corridor leading to our room had a very strong smell of smoke, which was not nice. The room itself was quite run down and the aircon was not good, it was freezing the whole time we were there. The bathroom was falling apart.
The staff were not very welcoming when we were checking in, but the check out staff were lovely.
Overall it was ok but not worth the price they charge and I won't stay here again.
The location is ok, as this was our last night we wanted somewhere closer to the airport, however I would have rathered stay in Waikiki and just gone the extra distance.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Aloha,
I was sorry to hear of your experience and sorry you didn't inform us of your room condition not being up to expectations as we could have changed you to a more satisfactory unit.