“Great cocktails and amazing service”
Review of STRIPSTEAK Waikiki

STRIPSTEAK Waikiki
Ranked #5 of 2,147 Restaurants in Honolulu
Price range: AU$18 - AU$114
Neighbourhood: Waikiki
Description: STRIPSTEAK Waikiki is the modern American Steakhouse remixed, remade, and reinvented with a unique blend of Asian influence and the signature Chef Michael Mina flair. An evocative, inventive, and highly curated menu offers guests the best seafood, foie gras, and of course signature cuts of premium steaks in all of Waikiki. Located on the 3rd floor Grand Lanai in the International Market Place, STRIPSTEAK Waikiki is where the sun and sand meet sizzling satisfaction offering the perfect dining experience after a day in paradise. Guests will also enjoy the seasonal, ever-evolving menu featuring locally sourced ingredients and global flavors.
Reviewed 21 September 2019 via mobile

By far the best happy hour in Waikiki, with cocktails you won't find anywhere else. Our server Lizzie was exceptional and went above and beyond what anyone else has throughout our 10 day trip. The maguro nigiri were the best I have tasted in my life and I would recommend to anyone who loves great quality seafood.

2  Thank amy_leighh91

Reviewed 20 September 2019 via mobile

This place is very busy because the food and service is good. But the price of this place is over the top. My meal (two steaks, two sides, an appetizer, three glasses of wine) cost $343 with tax. After tip $403. Ouch! I won’t be back.

3  Thank Don T
Reviewed 12 September 2019 via mobile

I’ve been to many restaurants .... it’s kind of what we do and how we travel. I can say that, if not the very top, it was indeed in the top 3 restaurants we’ve been to, in ambience, food, and overall experience. They made our five year anniversary amazing. A-5 Waygu, Salmon, and Duck Fat Fries. Amazing experience and amazing waitress.

2  Thank Daniel N
Reviewed 27 August 2019

Stripsteak was a great restaurant for us. We were a party of 8 adults and 4 children, two of them toddlers. The staff were very courteous and helpful and went out of their way to accommodate our every need, particularly with a troublesome 2 year old. The food was excellent and served quickly. The prices were average in accordance with Hawaii pricing. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends and visit again.

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank CathieMazzone
Reviewed 18 August 2019 via mobile

This restaurant is a little difficult to find, being on the third floor of the building. Also note that the restaurant is very open and most seating is outdoors. We were seating next to a family with several children that were allowed to run obnoxiously through the restaurant. This is more bad parenting and not considered in the overall review, but I would have expected the manager to have said something to them.

Service was good but I could never figure out who our server was. About three severs were constantly coming to our table. Our drink order was entered incorrectly and it took them quite some time to correct it. Again I had to notify two different servers.

The biggest disappointment was the food. We ordered two dry aged KC strips, one medium rare the other well done. Neither steak was prepared correctly. The medium rare was over cooked to medium well state (some pink) and the well done was undercooked (still containing pink). I sent my steak back to be recooked which took about 10 minutes. This allowed the sides we had ordered to become cold. The steak the returned with was cooked to a rare state and was extremely tough. While I would probably disregard this at some restaurants, this restaurant charges $76, so I feel at this price point you should get a steak that is properly prepared. I was also surprised they did not offer to comp some of the price for their mistakes, though I did not ask and I paid the bill in full (and tipped because the waiters should not be punished for a bad chef).

Overall I believe this restaurant is overpriced for quality of food and service could be improved.

Date of visit: August 2019