All reviews downtown newport attached restaurant shuttle service rooms are large outdoor pool beds were very comfortable coffee maker rhode island king bed free parking microwave walmart ri couch
Reviewed 2 March 2018

OK place to stop on our way for one night for a Newport downtown weekend. We drove up early for the weekend and stayed so that we could take advantage of the whole weekend in downtown Newport. We could hear outside and above us, but the hotel was clean and affordable It is easily accessible.

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank mpowy
Reviewed 2 December 2017

This place is a dive! Front desk was unfriendly and non-attentive. The room was clean, but the smell of mildew was overwhelming. The bed was more lumpy than a camels back! The room temperature was hard to regulate. Either too hot or too cold. Spend a little more and stay at one of the chain motels in Middletown.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank fastcar200
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Click to next hotel, keep going, DO NOT book this dive. It's dirty, smells like smoke in the rooms, needs to be knocked down and totally rebuilt. It was so disgusting we couldn't even stay, we had to take the loss, but it was better than sleeping in that awful place!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank surfside13
Reviewed 14 November 2017

This hotel is not bad, but initially comes across as a cheap place. When I pulled up to the hotel, I definitely wondered what I had gotten myself into. It looks like a low-end budget hotel. The lobby wasn't much better. Check-in was easy. However, the clerk directed me to my room: take a right and it's at the end of the hall. What that meant was keep going down several hallways for a considerable distance. You'll get there.

Room: hardwood floors, clean, basic. Room is of decent size but bed is pushed directly up against wardrobe so as to limit accessibility. Free wifi.

Bathroom: Good water pressure. So clean I could see my reflection in the floor (major points for this). Amenities included hair dryer, iron, shampoo/conditioner, lotion, and shower cap. Room safe.

Location: Good. Normally I like to stay in a town center, but it was unaffordable in Newport. This location was significantly better than I expected. About 8 minutes to the wharf area and maybe 6 minutes to the Broadway restaurant area.

Drawbacks: When I stayed it was in the 30s, but heat was not on for my arrival and room was cool. It took a while to heat up.
Bed was creaky. Every time I rolled over it made noise.
Walls/ceiling were thin, I could hear the upstairs guests walking around (not helped by hardwood floors).
Remote had some scummy stuff on it.
Very thin blanket.

Overall, the hotel is better than it seems. It just has an identity complex between a low-end and a mid-range hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank Kristin R
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed from Sunday thru Friday at the Mainstay hotel in Newport, RI. Good hotel with clean and good size room. Great restaurant too. Tuesday night = Steak/prime rib night, Wednesday night = BBQ Ribs and Thursday night = Seafood night. Big discounts on those nights and the meals were delicious.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends