The Dining Room at Castle Hill Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dining Room at Castle Hill Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: USD 25 - USD 100
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ocean Drive
Description: The Dining Room at Castle Hill Inn has been the backdrop of memorable occasions for over a century, residing inside a historic mansion built in 1875. The Forbes Four Star restaurant presents a prix fixe menu showcasing the talents of Chef Lou Rossi and his culinary team. We are blessed with a location that is second to none in New England - not only for the view, but for the bounty provided by our surrounding lands being brought to your table. * Sunday through Thursday 5:45pm – 8pm * Friday & Saturday 5:45pm – 9pm * Mansion Bar 11:30am – 10:00pm daily
Reviewed 12 June 2017

During a recent visit, to Newport, my husband and I had lunch. It was a beautiful sunny day, but windy so we opted to sit inside, but still had an amazing view. We started our lunch with the calamari which was wonderful. Both of us had seafood dishes, I had the cod and my husband had the special which happened to be sea bass. Both lived up to expectations. We also enjoyed a bottle of wine and split a dessert. Overall it was the most enjoyable meal we had in Newport. It is on the pricey side but was well worth it. We often eat late lunches and no dinner which is what we did in this case.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Probably....no, definitely one of my top 5 dining experiences in my life. The views at sunset, the attentive service, the amazing and beautifully presented food, the chef selected wine pairings, there was not ONE THING that I can say negatively about this experience. Just simply incredible.

2  Thank TexasDaveYeehaw
Anthony B, Manager at The Dining Room at Castle Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Thank you so much for the great review, we truly appreciate it! Now we have our work cut out for us to exceed that memory the next time you come in!

Cheers,

Anthony

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Great views, nice building with multiple dining rooms, outdoor bar and patio, impeccable service, interesting pre fix menu selections, and the best beef tenderloin I have eaten. The beer, wine and liquor selection is also excellent. We will definitely be going back and I will definitely have the tenderloin.

1  Thank WheatenDarby
Reviewed 30 May 2017

My husband and I recently dined at Castle Hill for brunch with two other couples and had an amazing experience. The dining room was extremely accommodating with seating us as we came in without reservations (note, that outdoor seating books up extremely quickly and walk-ins for brunch can be seated in the dining room), and our meals were nothing short of phenomenal. The views alone were worth the price, but the food was fresh, light and absolutely delicious. A highlight to our weekend getaway!!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We had a group of 20+ and the service was impressive. Food was excellent especially the lobster! Save room for desert! Chocolate torte amazing!

Anthony B, Manager at The Dining Room at Castle Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Thank you so much for choosing to host your private event with us at Castle Hill. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience online as well, and will be sure to spread the word to our sales, service, and culinary team that their hard work was appreciated. I hope you'll come and see us again soon, perhaps with a group again or simply for a dinner or cocktail.

Cheers,