“Very nice place”

Stoneacre Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoneacre Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 257 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: USD 12 - USD 48
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Greetings From Stoneacre Brasserie. Please join us in our new home at 28 Washington Square, Newport RI. Reopened in summer of 2017 we offer a full Brasserie menu, cafe service along with lunch daily and brunch every Saturday and Sunday. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on our way from Boston to NYC. Really enjoyed the food as well as the layout of the Brasserie.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Amazing food. We were there on a Sunday for brunch. The deviled eggs and shrimp appetizer are to die for. And so is the nicoise tuna salad. Great selection of wines for all budgets. A place to go back to on my next visit to RI.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

The menu for dinner was ridiculously expensive and limited. I found the atmosphere a little "creepy". While the service was attentive, there was no rapport. It did not feel welcoming. Wait staff was devoid of personality and looked cloned. Male, 5'7" with a waiste of 28". With all the restaurants in Newport, where the most expensive dinners are served with a smile, I will never return.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

I think I like the atmosphere of this restaurant the most. Something old transformed into something new. It is beautifully decorated -- the design, color, and texture of the wallpaper, floor tiles, and the lighting. Some of the artwork may be viewed as risqué. But we mainly go to restaurants to eat. So let's talk about the food! I was here for dinner. It's simple and pure in a good way. The food is fresh and nicely presented. Great selection of vegetables. Order plenty, they're good for you! Since the flavors are uncomplicated (but interesting), an avid home cook could probably replicate these meals with decent accuracy. But if you are just visiting and don't have a kitchen or don't want to cook, which is probably why you are eating out, then for sure give this place a try. I only ate here once, but I would return again. Pleasant staff, too.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Very limited menu, very expensive, nearly nothing for vegan/vegetarians. Very small portions. I generally don't like ice in my drinks, but the room temp water was not enjoyable. Really the only thing it had going for it was the decor. Definitely for the hip and trendy, not me.