“Great Pan Roasted Cod”

Jo's American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Jo's American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 257 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: USD 16 - USD 32
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: With a fresh take on American cuisine using the finest ingredients, Jo's serves classy food in a casual setting. We prepare delectable seafood, numerous gluten-free options, and natural meats raised without hormones or antibiotics wherever possible. Prix fixe menu Sunday through Wednesday and half-price bar menu Friday and Sunday evenings.
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Fantastic meal. The pan roasted cod was the best I've ever had. Its served in a broth that makes the dish.

1  Thank Bruce332

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant on our walk into Newport, the hostess was just getting set up outside and she greated us with a smile and hello as we passed by. We took note of the place and later in the day, decided to go back to it and have dinner. So glad we did! There was live music, the decor was pleasant, our server was efficient and polite and the $21 prix fixe menu was a nice surprise, it was exactly what we would have ordered: a salad, salmon entree, and a glass of wine or beer. We hope to dine here again soon.

2  Thank GranolaGal
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful venue, great food (highly recommend the grilled shrimp dish), great live music, but questionable waitresses and bartender. The bartender was visibly drunk and kept going in the back room with a waitress in plain sight. That aside, mostly good service and we'll be back next time we vacation just hope the staff improves.

1  Thank KFischer352
Reviewed 3 August 2017

My husband and I just spent two nights in Newport, RI. Our first night we happened u[pm Jo's American Bistro. We had driven from NYC. It was late and we were happy that they were willing to take us at 9:30PM. We had a great meal. I had the lobster roll and my husband had the fish 'n chips. For dessert, we split a zabiglione with berries. All great. The second night, we considered eating elsewhere, but then decided to return to Jo's. That night, I had the grilled pork with sweet potatoes and bacon and my husband had the seared cod. Once again, we had a great meal. The service was unfailingly friendly and efficient. I definitely recommend.

3  Thank NYNYGIraffe
Reviewed 2 August 2017

I had an excellent lobster roll, they served it on really superior gluten free bread, french fries and cole slaw. Friendly staff, inviting atmosphere and menu has great variety.

3  Thank MSAWWW