“2nd time there, great again. Seafood pasta was exceptional!”
Review of The Mooring

The Mooring
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mooring is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: USD 30 - USD 80
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: America's Cup Ave.
Description: The ideal embodiment of Newport dining: the freshest seafood, al fresco seating, expansive harbor views, and warm hospitality. Our award-winning wine list is one of the most acclaimed in New England.
Reviewed 26 September 2017

This was our 2nd time dining at The Mooring. Once again they hit the mark on providing a great meal and experience. I would recommend reservations at or close to peak times and weekends. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. I ordered the seafood pasta entree and i have to say it was truly exceptional. When I first got it set down on the table it looked like it was going to be too much to eat since I'd been nibbling prior to this, but at the end of the night there was nothing left, I plowed through it, it was so good. Definitely quality worth paying for in my opinion. If we ever go back, and I'm sure we will, I would not hesitate to go back here once again.

Dan F, General Manager at The Mooring, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear StingrayJG,
Thank you for the nice review and welcome back! I'm glad you could join us again. Happy to hear the Seafood Pasta exceeded your expectations - that's one of our fan favorites. Always like to know we've made someone happy. We look forward to seeing you again.
Dan Fischer

Write a ReviewReviews (2,613)

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Great food and service. It was our best seafood dinner out of 4 this week. Beautiful view of the sunset as well!!

Dan F, General Manager at The Mooring, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear donnal469,
Thank you! We love to hear that we were the best, but we won't let it go to our head :) Hope you can come back again some day.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We had dinner at the Mooring tonight. Great location and view. The mussels are a must try. Great food all around.

Thank you Ron! Glad you enjoyed everything and we agree - the mussels are a must try! Hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed an early dinner & drinks. Cocktails good & not over-priced. Reservations are a must--without, it could take 1.5 hours to be seated. We made Open Table reservations. The clam & scallop chowder were the best we have had!! Lobster was great & reasonably priced. COD dish was tasty although served in almost a soup. Delicious key lime pie & chocolate chip cookie with ice cream. Our server was knowledgeable & helpful. Being on the waterfront, the view is wonderful-Newport. We cannot wait to return. A must if you can get in! It is everything the great reviews promise.

Dear Valaw,
Thank you for the very kind review and for the positive feedback. I'm very glad you enjoyed everything (especially the chowder). We cannot wait for you to return as well.
Many Thanks,

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Lived up to the pregame hype. There to celebrate a birthday and they made us feel special. Loved the decor - I want the copper fish that is over the front bar. :-). The clam chowder was top notch. My wife had the lobster, so not much to talk about. I had a Atlantic Sole with a shrimp and crab topping. Very good meal and it was served over a very creamy pea risotto. For desert we shared the trio sample: key lime pie, tres leche cake and creme brulee. Really good key lime for this far north. The only reason I did not go 5 stars was the Brussels sprouts we ordered. It should have been listed as a bacon offering lightly seasoned with Brussels sprouts.

Dear Alan4B,
Thank you for the review and I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us. We are always honored when guests choose to celebrate special days with us and I'm happy to hear we were able to deliver. Thanks for the feedback on the food. I'll share your Brussels Sprout feedback with our culinary team to make sure we are focusing on the vegetable, not the bacon. Hope you can join us again.
Dan Fischer

Been to The Mooring? Share your experiences!