“Good ecomonic clean place to stay”
Review of Motel 6 Newport

Motel 6 Newport
Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Newport
Tafton, Pennsylvania
“Good ecomonic clean place to stay”
Reviewed 23 December 2010

It was worth the price we paid and more. It is absolutely no frills but it is clean and the service was good. If you are going to stay in the area to visit the mansions and are out almost all day and then dinner out, this is the place to come home to and go to sleep.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank haroldsnose

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hudson, NH
Reviewed 17 December 2010

I stay at this Hotel several times a year when I travel to Newport - one of my favorite places.
The hotel is always clean. The front desk people have always been pleasant and accomodating. I prefer to stay on the second floor in the second to last room on the left. The front desk always tries to accomodate my request and I have been sucessful many times.
The location of the hotelis perfect. As a member of the Preservaton Society of Newport County most of my time is spent on Bellevue Ave which is just a very short drive from Motel 6.
The hotel is located right next to a strip mall that has several stores including Wal-Mart, TJMaxx, a grocery store, Old Navy. There is also a 99 restaurant in front of mall...a pizza hut seconds on the street. It's a very brief ride to IHOP for breakfast in the moring and there is Dunkin Donuts located literally right next door. The location could not be more perfect.
The staff is always helpful in helping find a different restauant and give me great directions to get there.
In the past 5 years or so that I've been regularly going to Newport I have never been dissatisfied....and you cannot beat the rates!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank katmanjae
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed 17 November 2010

After a night of terror and abuse from not just a noisy custormer but from the staff on duty that night, It was 1am or so when my fiance and I had enough of the noise coming from another room on our floor so we call the front desk and told the employee just what we are hearing so he said no problem he will take care of it, well he told the noise makers that I had a problem with them and that I'm in room 240, which only got the noisy people mad at me and threating to kick the door in and kill us both, So I than call the police who said now everything will be ok cause the noisy people been kick out which of cause was not true the front desk man covered up for the noisy people and lied to the police because in fact the noisy people and the employee are long time friends, So to the next part After talking to the Manager on duty Patricia A. she told us to stay and talk to the general manager David R. so we stayed and the other room thay gave us 141 smelled like cat urine everywhere and the room was not taking care of much at all, Anycase the next day we talked to the general manager David R. who said that he don't care and we are now on the no rent list for being a victim and he refusses to give us any kind of refund good thing I use my debit card Now I got my bank on myside who is doing a complete investigation on there abusive practices, Anycase this would have never been writing if the noisy people and the desk worker got there way and thay killed us both. Motel 6 Newport it don't pay to stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bill12270

Travellers are raving about these Newport hotels

Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 26 October 2010

This Motel 6 was perfect for us. It's centrally located close to all the attractions, restaurants, and the historic downtown, is clean and safe, and the price makes it a steal. Would definitely stay there again and save our money for dining out at the wonderful restaurants nearby!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 September 2010

I knew going in I was reserving a room at a Motel 6 and not a Ritz so I didnt have high expectations, however this place was awful. We were here for a wedding and the first room we were given was occupied. We walked right into the room using our key and there were people sitting on the bed!! We got another room after waiting quite a while and this room had lightbulbs missing in the lamps and the door looked like it was at one time kicked in. Another room my friend was staying in didnt seem like it was cleaned thoroughly enough. Considering this is Newport and the place wasn't dirt cheap there is no reason for this hotel to be like this

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
0.5 km away
Gilded
#10 of 21 in Newport
1.8 km away
The Carriage House Inn, an Ascend Collection hotel

Been to Motel 6 Newport? Share your experiences!