“The best slice in Newport”

Archetype Pizza Company
Ranked #157 of 258 Restaurants in Newport
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Archetype is terrific - the wood-fire oven, the crust, the sauce, the whole nine yards.
The best pizza we've had in years.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a place to eat as a family and came across the restaurant. My daughter didn’t think it was open because there wasn’t any people in the restaurant. We went in and were the only people in the rest at 6:15pm on a Saturday...should have been a sign! It smelled good so we decided to try.

We placed our order at 6:23 for a cheese pizza and a 1/2 pepperoni and 1/2 bacon, as our receipt shows. We paid $62.00 for two pizzas and 5 sodas, which is pretty expensive but like I said, it smelled good.

We received our 1st pizza, the cheese, 15 minutes later. They thought that was the only pizza we ordered. The woman who took our order brought out the cheese pizza and didn’t believe that we had a second pizza and asked to see our receipt. We showed it to her and she remembered the second one. She said it was still in the oven. 10 minutes later someone else came out and asked if we were still waiting for something and we told him about the second pizza. He said the oven had gotten too hot and burned the crust so they were making another one.

10 minutes later we still had not received our pizza. I went up to the counter to find out how much longer the pizza would be. I saw our pizza and another one sitting on the counter uncooked. When I asked how much longer I was told that they could have it done in three minutes. They weren’t kidding. It came out three minutes later with the top of the pizza barely cooked. Also, the cheese was thin crust and the meat pizza was a thick crust...which I don’t think it was supposed to be because why would any pizza place be inconsistent with their crust thickness purposely.

This same experience occurred to a couple who placed an order immediately after ours. It’s clear that the other uncooked pizza on the counter was theirs. They got their pizza almost 10 minutes after we received ours.

Being 100% honest, the service was some of the worst that I have experienced in any restaurant ever. However, the pizza was good. Not great like we are accustomed to being from the New Haven area but it wasn’t a bad pie.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Jeff C
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I found this newly opened pizzeria by chance and decided to give it a try. Archetype Pizza allows you to create your own pizza. We opted for a 18“ one with marinara sauce, wild mushrooms, fire roasted peppers and onions, Italian sausage and mozzarella. It was soooo delicious! The cook was super nice and came to talk to us. We highly recommend this pizzeria!

Date of visit: September 2018

Been to Archetype Pizza Company? Share your experiences!