“A wonderful place to stay”
Review of Josie's B&B Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newport
Josie's B&B Inn
Ranked #53 of 96 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 November 2016

I alway recommend to my out of town guest to stay at Josie's. I've stayed there myself and found it wonderful. The room are extremely comfortable and well appointed. Josie's cooking is the best. I really can't say enough good things about the excellent service that Josie provides for those visiting Newport.
Stay there and you'll come back.

Room Tip: All the room are great. Bring a good book and relax. Let Josie show you some old fashion New England...
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 July 2016

Ever have an aunt or relative that welcomes you with open arms and makes you feel at home the moment you arrive? Well this was my experience in a nut shell with delicious food and such a clean and comfortable home.

My gf really wanted to spend some alone time so we decided to go away for the weekend. On that very same day I called around places and found this little gem. It was about 8:30 and Josie may have been the only in town with an open room. She really took a chance on me since it was a same day reservation and was going to be arriving late. I took just the same chance, as she was very pleasant over the phone and didn't even look her place up. She has parking in the back and there was plenty of on street parking when we arrived late that night. She let us know how to get in and left the ac and light on in our room when we arrived. The bed was firm with a plush pillow top and very comfortable egyptian cotton sheets. This is coming from someone who has a back injury and does not sleep well in other beds but his own. The next morning we encountered the pleasant smell of bacon when we came out of our room. When we came downstairs, she greeted us with such a pleasant welcoming and immediately felt like a relative I had not seen in such a long time. Fresh coffee, fruit and orange liquor flavored challah french toast to dye for with fresh maple syrup. We were not very hungry after that breakfast till very late in the afternoon. The rest of the home was our area to explore after breakfast. The decor mixed with the older style of home was so charming. Very very clean. The location is not necessarily a 2 minute walk to downtown or the beach, but rather a fun, quick walk while getting to know the neighborhood and the big homes along the way. Not to mention how quiet it is since we are not on the mail streets.

That night after our dinner reservations in town, my gf and I got in very late and Josie was kind enough to leave a delicious fruit tart she had made earlier in the day. Just as delicious as her breakfast and late night snack, next morning's main breakfast dish was an asparagus frittata. The breakfast alone is well worth the stay and her knowledge around the town and family style demeanor was unmatched. Staying at a hotel in town would be a sin after knowing about this little gem.

If you are looking for a little romantic weekend, and to disconnect from the fast life, you will feel right home in this charming and peaceful Inn. I have stayed at a few BnBs and this is one of my favorite ones. We are making it a point to come visit Josie anytime we come back to Newport and would not think of staying anywhere else.

Thanks Josie for a wonderful weekend as we could not have asked for anything better!

-Marcelito

Room Tip: Let her know of food allergies so breakfast is to your liking...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Just spent the weekend there with my husband. It was our first time in Newport and our first time trying a bed and breakfast place, so we didn't know what to expect. Please note that she does not accept credit cards, only cash or check. But you can easily secure your reservation by mailing her a deposit as a check a week in advance.

Josie exceeded our expectations! As someone who is a stickler for cleanliness, I'm happy to report that her place is very clean. I loved the nice cozy decor throughout the home. She is very friendly and she makes the best breakfast!!! Our first breakfast was brioche french toast with eggs and roasted peaches. The next morning we got a fritatta. I enjoyed being able to chat with her during breakfast and learn more about her life as well as Newport. By the time we left, she felt like family. She is a great hostess and I'd highly recommend her place to anyone wanting to stay at a bed and breakfast in Newport.

Room Tip: The roof-top room on the third floor is the best room, in my opinion as it is more spacious and priv...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2015 via mobile

I stayed two nights at this lovely B and B just a twenty minute walk to downtown and a quick drive to all the sights. Josie's breakfasts can't be beat with fresh fruit, frittata, fluffy pancakes and perfect coffee all served piping hot. I didn't need lunch after such a spread! The house is beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean, bright white Linens and towels, an array of soaps and shampoos if you forgot your own, hairdryer, most anything you might have forgotten. Josie is the perfect hostess with a wealth of information about the town and things to do, after over forty years living in Newport there isn't much she doesn't know! Old fashioned in that she accepts only cash and isn't a friend of computers and smart phones, but who cares when you have delightful conversation and a beautiful place to spend a weekend! Will definitely return, Josie felt like a long lost grandma by the time I left.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Greta M
Reviewed 11 September 2014

I stay at Josie's every time I go to Newport and her hospitality is truly amazing. Her breakfasts are a joy to behold and her scramble eggs were delicious along with the Fritata which is her house specialty. The porches are perfect to enjoy the sunset and have a chat, with Josie often joining in to make you feel right at home. I would not stay at another B&B after staying with Josie and you will have an experience of a lifetime if you stay there. The location is phenomenal about ten minutes walk to Bellevue Avenue and also close to all the beaches. Josie is always there to greet you and answer any of your questions about Newport. Parking is never an issue with both onsite parking and plenty of parking on the street if you are visiting with friends.
Thanks Josie for being such a wonderful host.
Danny Boy