All reviewsdouble treedoubletree clubmedical centerto roswell park cancer institutevalet parkingfront deskchocolate chip cookiesanchor barshuttle servicefree shuttlebuffalo downtownhotel restaurantgreat place to stayone night staywingsenjoyed my stayclean hotel
Reviewed 14 September 2012

The hotel staff and Sales Department are far superior to other hotels I have used. Anything that I needed, the staff always seemed eager to assist. The rooms are great and newly renovated. Hotel is in great proximity to everything needed in Buffalo and Niagara Falls.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
WYNMGR, Assistant General Manager at Wyndham Garden Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear Kris H; thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I've enjoyed working with you this past year and look forward to another successful year. Thank you for your business and comments regarding our staff/hotel!

Reviewed 3 September 2012

The helpful staff was always there to serve us. The food in the restaurant was great. The location was a short distance from the Convention Center but the Shutlle service was there to take us where ever we wanted or needed to go.

The rooms were clean and nice

The valet parking was fast.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Thank you Kathy F for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us! I'm happy to hear you were able to enjoy our complimentary shuttle service. Should your travels bring you to Buffalo again, I hope you will stay with us!

Reviewed 1 September 2012

This hotel is across from the major hospital in Buffalo. This draws all sorts of characters which loiter outside. The neighborhood is not the best. There is no parking unless you use the valet. To self park, it is about 3 blocks away. No big deal in decent weather but inconvenient in inclement conditions. The front desk staff was pleasant. The rooms were adequately appointed. Not the cleanest nor most modern I've ever stayed in but certainly not the worst. There are enough amenities at this hotel to satisfy most - bar, restaurant, business center, gym, etc. The room itself served its purpose for my two day business trip. With my rental car the location was generally convenient to all the points I needed to get to in the surrounding area. There are better, cleaner, newer hotels in other areas but the rates you pay will reflect that. The hotel is not far at all from the famous Anchor Bar - home of the original Buffalo Wing. Again, the neighborhood isn't so great so be mindful of that. After work one night I was able to get to Niagara Falls in about 30 minutes and that was worth the trip. The front desk can give you directions and it is easy to get to. You will pay tolls along the way so be mindful of that. Also on my final day out, I was able to stop at a famous food network restaurant called Charlie the Butcher for its notorious Beef on Weck - one of the best sandwiches in America. This is right near the airport and is a must do when you are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ImATravelinFool
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Our family went on a trip to visit Niagara Falls this august and we stayed at Double Tree. We selected this hotel after doing a lot of research and reading almost all the reviews for every hotel in Buffalo and Niagara Falls. I am so grateful to tripadvisor.com and also to the people who have written so many accurate reviews for this hotel. I wanted to write one so other travelers could also be benefited in the same way as I did.

Readers, let me remind you that my review is strictly based on a family stay perspective.

Pros:
Located in a good neighborhood surrounded by the hospital buildings. The constant flow of traffic and people to and from the hospital makes this a safer place even during late night. We stayed in a double bed room. The gentleman who checked us in was very friendly. He started of with explaining about the most common FAQs that travelers could have and then answered some additional questions in a nice friendly way. The room was large and spacious, had clean beds, neatly maintained bathroom, no smoke odor, good speed of wireless internet, a pretty silent A/C unit, a coffee machine, refrigerator, 42" flat TV with premier cable and a microwave. There was a bar and a cafe which we did not use, but I saw the bar was open late. There is valet parking only but I wanted to mention in pros because of the service. Its a entire day valet service meaning you pay only once per day and you can take your car in and out as many times as you want. Just have to call like 10 minutes before you want to have your car.

Cons:
Amanda. Amanda was the morning front desk staff for the couple of days we stayed there. She really had some attitude and I am not sure if she likes her job so much. Here is an example (I am quoting only one example in detail). We were running out of creamer and I asked her if we could get some extra for my morning coffee. She said she did not have any with some attitude and said she is gonna send someone with the creamers to our room. After waiting for half-hour, I called front desk and she picked up. I asked if she wanted to send them out to my room and she without even noticing that I had waited for half-hour for just the creamer transferred my call to the restaurant. I had to talk to someone from the restaurant and explain the entire story about how I got transferred to them from Amanda for the creamer.

Another example is, she messed up with our request for our car from the valet parking. She had brought out some other person's car because she got messed up with the room numbers. If I were her and I would have written down the room number somewhere instead of trying to memorize it and bring out someones else's car instead. Its just wasting other people time.

I removed one star from my rating just because of this one con, otherwise I would have give all star in my rating.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Great rooms and the hotel is extremely clean! I loved the fact that they give you a warm cookie! The bathroom is clean. I stayed a saturday night and my checkout day was Sunday. They delivered the Sunday Buffalo Times.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
esarkis, Manager at Wyndham Garden Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to make comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you also for your positive comments. Feedback from Trip Advisor is very important to us and gives us the ability to make improvements in areas that our guest note. It also gives us the ability to recognize our people when they do a good job. Thank you again. Elaine Sarkis, GM