“A terrible experience at Adam's Mark”

Adam's Mark Buffalo
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel on March 9 & 10, 2012 for our children to take part in the YMCA NY State Championship Meet. At 06:15am March 11, the hotel woke up all guests with the fire alarm, saying it was a real emergency. All of us (several hundreds of us) were forced to leave our room and walked down the parking lot. Many guests including children were still in pajams, thin T-shirt, or even barefooted.

After standing outdoor in such chilly morning (around 40F), we were allowed to go back to our room. However, there was no explanation for what happenned at all.

I have never had such terrible experience anywhere else. For sure, we will never come back to this hotel. Period.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DawnFromNY
There are newer reviews for Adam's Mark Buffalo

Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed at the Adam's Mark b/c we were in town for the Kevin Hart comedy show at the First Niagara Centre. The lovation was great. The hotel was nice for an older hotel. The service was a bit slow (check in/out) but they were very helpful. The room was kind of dated but it was clean. The best thing to do is to book this hotel through a third party site (ie. Priceline) to get a low rate b/c it's not worth their actual nightly rate. Great location downtown, would stay again if I had a function in Buffalo.

• Stayed: March 2012
VisionsBuffalo, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

I appreciate you taking time to review the hotel. The hotel is walking distance from the First Niagara Center as well as the Coke a Cola field. After spending several million dollars on renovations of our corridors, lounge, lobby and restaurant as well as our guest rooms we have dramatically improved the property. Our Executive Level rooms are worth the upgrade fee as they include flat screen tv’s, small refrigerators and microwaves in each room.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Spatial and quite guest room, clean bathroom with a bathtub, comfort bed and pillows, make my wife and I sleep very well after a long distance flight.

The hotel service was great. Before I arrived the hotel, I had redeem a Wyndham Reward Gift Card at Wyndham Reward web site, send it to the hotel address, and ask hotel for keep it for me until I arrive, because the gift card can't sent to ant address outside USA, the general manager of the hotel help me to get the gift card without any trouble, thanks to James.

There will be a short walking distance to bus station, Starbucks, or Beda Bing sports bar & grill, still a nice location for us to get what we need.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CraigWang

Thank you for your business, We are looking forward to your return. Please travel safely.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

When I first arrive at the Adams Mark and went to check in (at the check in time) I was told the rooms would not be ready for another hour or so. This person did not seem very pleasant. When I came back in a couple hours to check in, the person at the desk this time was a real delight, however, still one of the rooms was not ready. They gave me the keys to the room that was ready, we hung out in the room that was ready until the front desk brought the key to second room to us. The hotel is older, and the rooms show this. They have been updated, but still not worth the money charged for them. I stayed in an Executive King, but the room was not big at all for what I am used to in an Executive king room in other hotels. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom is really small, barely and room to turn around. I am glad I had the room to myself, I can't imagine sharing the bath with anyone. The restaurant was nicely renovated, but the when we ate there the food was not the best. We at our other meals away from the hotel. I do have to say other then the first encounter, the rest of the staff were really nice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank fifiMA

This was a very busy time for us. I apologize for not having your room immediately ready for your arrival. I do know that with and some of the later check-outs for the day did put us behind. The Executive King rooms are in high demand with having the microwaves, flat screen tv’s and IHome docking station. Our restaurant has recently rolled out a great new menu and wine list and I am sure there is something there to fit every budget. Our bar menu has items starting under $10.00 and finishes off with some great steak choices.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Hotel is under repair so it can be hit or miss. There are some staff members that are exceptional and make it worth the stay. Annie Lee, is fantastic member of the desk staff and makes up for some of the inconveniences of the hotel construction. She goes out of her way to serve the guests and was very, very nice.

Room Tip: Go for the King size beds, as the double rooms are cramped.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business