All reviews m club concierge lounge gold and platinum members harbor center hockey rink l shaped couch valet parking sabres game great hotel city view tim hortons military park floor to ceiling windows lobby bar canal side great shower lake erie
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Stayed here with my husband recently on a business trip July 12-15th. The hotel was very clean, and both the front desk service and Valet parking attendants were excellent & attentive. Check in was speedy and Meghan was very helpful in answering all of our questions. I recently requested a view of the harbor as well as a higher floor, and they accommodated the request without any hassle. We stayed on the 18th floor with an incredible view of Canalside and the lake. We also dined in the 716 Sports Bar attached to the hotel which was also great for late night drinks. Overall had a great time & would definitely stay here again. The room was spacious with a clean bathroom, comfortable beds and the hotel itself smelled wonderful & clean. Food and drink provided during the meetings and cocktail reception were delicious. You can choose valet parking for $18/day with in & out privileges or choose offsite self parking, but I am not sure how much. I did use the fitness center which had sufficient equipment for a nice workout. We also took a stroll right across the street to Canalside which has concerts on Thursday nights, and vendors set up other days. I was told that they also have Food Trucks on the premises on Tuesdays by the locals. These areas are easily accessible by foot and there are nice small bridge walkways you can cross. I believe the hotel is also connected to the Key Bank Center for the hockey games. No pool at this location, but I have been told that there is one across the street at the other Marriott. There is a lounge in the hotel called Panorama on 7 if you want a more quiet atmosphere for drinks other than the noisy sports bar. Tim Hortons is also on the premises of you want a quick coffee or sandwich. All attached to the hotel making it very convenient. The location is perfect. Thank you for a memorable stay.

Stayed: July 2017
Buffalo Marriot... H, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott HARBORCENTER, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Good afternoon heathert485,

We appreciate you taking the time to write this extensive review on our property and staff. We are thrilled to hear that you experienced our excellent customer service upon check in and with Meghan. I am so happy you had a memorable time with us, that is what we strive for with every one of our guests stay.

Thank you for choosing the Buffalo Marriott HARBORCENTER and we hope to host you again.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

I would love to give them raving revues but I can't. There are a couple of things that I feel are very important to providing a great vacation. For one thing I expect to get what I pay for. To start with, we paid extra for a riverside view. The view was great...what you could see of it out the dirty, streaked windows. I tried taking pictures and just got dirt and streaks. Not something I'm going to use to remember the great time I had!

Also, there was no microwave!! This was my first time staying at a Marriott. I have been a Hilton member for years and have never showed up to a motel room and not had a microwave. It was something I never would've thought to ask about and it definitely would've influenced whether we stayed at your facility or not. My husband is disabled and a diabetic. We can't make it out to a restaurant to eat every meal. (and $15 a person for breakfast was much more than I was willing to pay). So we frequently buy extra to take back to the room for later. At he Hilton motels we usually get a free continental breakfast.

I had to constantly reconnect to the internet. Eventually it wouldn't let me connect at all. They sent up a tech that spent his time searching google for answers instead of a phone call to someone who could actually get something done.

We spent 4 days, 3 nights there and they took the joy out of our vacation over a $69 microwave! Shame on them!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda A
Buffalo Marriot... H, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott HARBORCENTER, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Good morning Linda A,

Thank you for providing your feedback on our hotel. Our guests satisfaction is top priority. It is unacceptable we failed to ensure yours and your husbands during your time with us. I sincerely apologize for the frustration that was experienced.

I encourage you to contact our Director of Rooms, Lindsey Schneggenburger. Her email is lschneggenburger@shanercorp.com. She will be able to get more information from you about the issues you have experienced with your room.

Thank you so much and I apologize again. I would like to get this resolved for you.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Gold elite. Spent 1 night with wife and 2 kids on July 11th.

Good place for:
- Business oriented
- Sports (specifically hockey, the hotel is adjacent to Keybank Center and has the Sabre ice practice rink as well, along with a elaborate fitness center.
- Quick sightseeing if you are there for 1-2 days (Canal side, Naval/military park will easily take 3-4 hours if that is your interest, but highly recommend. Multiple ships, incredible displays and extremely respectful).
- Train access for downtown Buffalo right across the hotel.

Nice things:
- Newly renovated hotel, everything is new and it shows
- Good internet speed (expected)
- Elevator speed (if you are in a hurry)
- Parking in the buildings on floors 1-4, you can valet park too.
- Well stocked M club, alcohol must be purchased.
- Decent sized room, with small fridge, big screen TV, tasteful lighting, Nicely appointed bathroom.
- Friendly and professional staff.

Opportunities / far reaching requests:
- Check-in Lobby on floor 7. You must take an elevator from the ground / valet park to get there AND take a separate elevator to go to the higher floors (where the rooms are). Not a problem if you are by yourself and not in an hurry, but if with a family and several luggage pieces it is cumbersome.
- The M Club, also on floor 7, can be accessed trough the Restaurant/Bar. You walk by people that are tabled, eating/drinking to gain access to the club. Why they couldn't figure a different layout during the renovation?
- NO pool. This is the first Marriott property that I have been to that doesn't have a pool. For a family, if this is your thing, you may want to look elsewhere.
- Proximity to the highway, I was facing the Military Park, away from the highway and could hear the traffic noise. I'm a light sleeper...

Hope this helps

Cheers

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Buffalo Marriot... H, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott HARBORCENTER, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Dear HugePain,

Thanks so much for the review and thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott Brand. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the new design of the hotel. It appears you took full advantage of all there is to do surrounding the Buffalo Marriott HARBORCENTER, that is great to know. Unfortunately, we do not have a pool due to the structure layout of having two ice rinks and minimal pillars within the hotel and rinks. We wish we did!

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you and your family and we hope to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 12 July 2017

This is a beautiful hotel with a great location now that Buffalo is starting to come back to life. My main complaints and problems with this property stem from their billing practices. Two issues:

1) I stayed here on a Saturday night after a wedding reception. Came back to the hotel and needed some water before bed. Wife and I opened and drank the two bottles of Fiji water in the room. Now I've bounced back and forth between Marriott Platinum and Gold status for about 7 years, I've never been charged for these bottles of water because I could very easily just replace them from bottles from the Member's Lounge. And almost every other Marriott brand hotel that I've stayed in worldwide understands this. I was surprised to see an $8 charge on my bill, among other charges...

2) I don't use credit cards a lot, and for fraud reasons, I have very low limits on the two I do have. This hotel asked for a credit card at check-in for "incidentals", which is normal. On Monday I go to lunch and my credit card is denied for going over the limit. I go home to check my credit card activity and the hotel has put not one, but THREE separate charges, all varying in price, and all more than $300 each. I called the hotel and asked why, they could not explain it. They checked with the finance manager and the only response I get back is "they are temporary holds and will go away in a few days". Doesn't really help those few days when these bogus holds are eating up my entire credit limit. It took until Wednesday for the charges to be removed.

My room rate was about $294, including taxes, and my reservation was for 1 night only, but there was an additional temporary hold of $351 and $310, and no one could explain. So naturally my question becomes, with a one night reservation, why did you need room holds for what was essentially two additional nights?

Terrible to see Marriott losing their customer service. They'll give away free high speed wi-fi that they value at $15/night, but then charge me $8 for two bottles of water because it was more convenient then heading to the lounge at 1am. Lame.

My business colleagues tell me all the time to switch to Hilton because they don't nickle and dime their top tier rewards members, but I've been loyal to Marriott. Might be time to check out Hilton after all.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank bigred711
Buffalo Marriot... H, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott HARBORCENTER, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear bigred711,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your feedback on our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the additional charges that were billed to your credit card. I can believe how frustrating that would be for you. We certainly do not want any guest to ever feel this way, so again, I do apologize you experienced this and thank you for bringing the issue to our attention.

To have a better understanding of where the extra charges came from, I ask you to call our Head Controller, Allen Ball. He will be able to further explain what went wrong. His number is 716-768-7336. You may also want to speak with Director of Rooms, Lindsey Schneggenburger, to express your concern with how the situation was handled. Her number is 716-768-7347.

Again, we are sorry you had a negative experience and we hope to resolve this issue for you.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I have one tiny complaint, the shower head. I felt like it was raining and found it rather difficult to even wash my hair. Turns out this is some energy saving situation. But, everything else was perfect. Location, staff, cleanliness, room, rink, fitness, transportation. We used Uber for free with the hotel discount code to get back to the airport. Absolute best location for Taste of Buffalo. Wish we were there for more than one night. I cannot say enough about the friendly associates- Chelsea and Samantha.

Room Tip: High floor, lake view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Buffalo Marriot... H, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott HARBORCENTER, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear JRG F,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We appreciate your kind words and thoughts on the property. We are very happy Uber has finally made it to Buffalo! That is awesome you got to ride free with our discount code. I do apologize for the shower and will be sure to have our engineering department look into this. Thank you for notifying us.

Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again.