All reviews courtyard marriott great location valet parking small bistro pizza plant canal side office building large shower sabres game train stop pool and hot tub starbucks coffee light rail short walk bison two queen beds sitting area
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Everything looks brand new. Huge shower and comfy bed! Two of my major requirements. Very friendly and helpful staff. Close to attractions and restaurants. Walking distance to baseball and hockey stadiums. Valet parking only but plenty of other parking nearby

Trip type: Travelled with family
Casey B, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Downtown/Canalside, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Hello ees1207,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

The hotel is just over 2 years old so we are still pretty new, I am happy you enjoyed some of the amenities the hotel and area has to offer!

We hope you will stay with us next time you are in Buffalo!

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Hotel was located in a great location for summer months. New and Clean. Parking was not ideal and they charged $12/night. No complimentary breakfast or even coffee served in the morning... Otherwise, staff was really nice and professional. I would definitely return there next time I am in Buffalo.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Casey B, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Downtown/Canalside, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

Hello RSecchiaroli,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and also for staying with us!

Our location is in a newly renovated area of Buffalo where a lot is happening! I can understand your frustration about the parking - our charge is actually one of the lower amounts in the city. As for breakfast and coffee, the Courtyard brand has done some research and found that choices are what our guests would like.

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 28 July 2016

I am taking the time to express my feelings regarding my recent stay. I would like to start with the pros about this property.
1. Your team members Telia and Isis were a true pleasure to work with. They treated me with respected and treated me like a valued customer. You should be proud to have team members like this on your staff.
2. The location is great the renovated canal side area was very pleasurable.
3. The décor and design of the room I stay was very modern and fashionable.
4. The housekeeping staff did an awesome job my room was very clean and smelled great.
5. My room had a microwave and refrigerator.

Now to the cons:

1. As a guest I was assigned room 421 (this room is a corner room) the view was ok, but the ventilation was poor. I had to set the air conditioning unit to the lowest temperature allowed. When I had the above mentioned setting on the unit I was still warm when I was in the bedroom area.
2. There is not a calendar which shows the activities which are taking place at the canal side or surrounding areas.
3. When I arrived I was offered an item from the market. I would also like to suggest that all guests be given 2 complimentary bottles of water on arrival, this makes a big difference on a long travel day.

Room tip: Ventilation in room 421 needs to be improved.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello Triangle_Traveler13,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Thank you for the kind comments regarding our staff I will be sure to share with them. We pride ourselves on creating an excellent experience and it appears we fell short during your stay. I have our team checking on the ventilation of ours rooms just in case. Also will take your suggestions into consideration.

We hope to see you next time your travels bring you to Buffalo!

Reviewed 25 July 2016

This was a great location and a nice hotel. Right across the street from a park (canalside) and submarine which is open to tour. Only negative, you must valet and checking in was difficult with all the cars in the drive.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mco1087
Casey B, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Downtown/Canalside, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Hello Mary O,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and also the surrounding area. We are in a newly renovated area of Buffalo and it is exciting to see all the things that are happening. I am sorry your valet experience wasn't the best - we do strive for excellence.

We hope to see you again in the future should your travels bring you to Buffalo!

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

We just checked out after a 3 night stay at the Courtyard Canal side. We got the room type we wanted (larger king suite), but we requested a lower floor and we were near the top. And even though we booked this reservation 7 months in advance, we were placed on the north side of the building directly facing and adjacent to a major expressway and railroad tracks. Needless to say, it was very LOUD! And, I even had ear plugs!

Silly us for thinking that booking so far in advance would grant us some priority in getting a good room!

The morning following our first evening's stay, we pointed the noise issue out to the front desk and requested we be moved to a comparable room on the south side of the building. She said the hotel was sold out and there was no chance of moving.

We booked 7 months in advance, why do others have priority over us??

The cleaning crew seemed a little lax. They didn't make up the sofa bed. They took a long time to make up the room each day.

There's no luggage rack! We were constantly lifting our suitcases up on the bed then back on the floor. What an inconvenience!

They only have a couple luggage carts, too, so we had to haul all of our formal wear and suitcases through that place. And it feels like a big office building rather than a hotel so that only added to our disdain.

We are often in Buffalo for weddings and other family events. We always choose to stay in Downtown Buffalo and have a lot of experience with all of the higher end hotels. We specifically wanted to try this Courtyard, but it didn't live up to our expectations.

They didn't honor our initial request to be on the lower floor and after a very noisy first night, they wouldn't even attempt to move us.

This doesn't bode well given how often we travel to Buffalo. We'll be back in a few months for another wedding but are looking elsewhere.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Casey B, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Downtown/Canalside, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2016

Hello travelinggirl02,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear we did not live up to your expectations. I would love to talk with you more about your stay and try to come to a resolution - if you could please call the hotel at your earliest convenience. This particular Courtyard is different than others because it was in fact a historical state office building, the building was bought and renovated into what it is today.

I apologize we did not live up to what you expected and I would like to make it right if you could contact me.