“Gaturs: Now Fast & Tasty”

Gatur's Ethiopian Cuisine
Ranked #212 of 1,128 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Reviewed 15 May 2017

Went for dinner with a Nigerian-American to reputedly the best Ethiopian food in Buffalo. First, the name has been changed from Gaturs to Fast & Tasty and it should be changed back. Gatur's is distinctive; F & T sounds like a burger joint. There are the typical mediterranean items (hummus, falafel) but it specialized in meat and vegetarian Ethiopian dishes. We ordered veg grape leaves that were made fresh and were excellent. A garlic dip added to the flavor. We ordered 2 vegetarian dishes: Miseir Watt and KikAlicha Watt and both were good. Two chai teas added to our meal. The food came quickly in a nice place with chopped salad and rolled injera. Warning: Some describe eating this food as eating baby food with a wet nap. It takes getting used to. You use your fingers, although they will provide forks for the less abled. Wash your hands or bring hand cleanser and dig in. Service was good, although the place was only partially filled midweek. My guest ordered falafel to good. It was fast and tasty, but I still like the name Gaturs. A good place to try Ethiopian food for the first time. Nothing fancy but good.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

The restaurant has a new name so I may have missed it if my sister in law had not called on our way there. It is now called "Fast N' Tasty". The Sambusa appetizers were delicious, both the meat and vegetable. I had the lamb tibbs with salad and Ethiopian tea, all so Tasty! We were a group of 7 and everyone enjoyed their meals.

Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

Great option. The staff were amazing. Friendly and very attentive.

We had the appetizer smaller and the meat sampler. Spices were perfect and the taste great.

Loved the hands on experience

Very recommended

1  Thank Jaime U
Reviewed 30 October 2015

The home made bread is wonderful..and the portions are big so plan on sharing. The dishes are so exotic spicy and delicious !

1  Thank Cocomademe2015
Reviewed 7 August 2015

If I leave Buffalo and I had to pick a place that I will definitely miss,this is that palce.Eating here is pure joy.