All reviews junior suite art deco full kitchen stainless steel appliances downtown buffalo continental breakfast craft beer valet parking rooms are beautiful great bed high ceilings reception desk wedding reception historic building amazing hotel lobby area living room
Reviewed 25 August 2018

This place is nice for a weekend trip. It homie and everyone’s friendly. The only problem is the stairs are very loud. So if you like going in and out. This is not the place for you. Me and my boyfriend are night owls, so we really wanted to go for a walk at around 2 am. We ended up just staying inside because we didn’t want to wake anyone up. But over all great place and great trip.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kristina P, Front Office Manager at Hotel at the Lafayette a Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback, we appreciate it! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2018

I always prefer the Hotel at the Lafayette when I'm in Buffalo. Although they have more limited services than the other hotels in the area, the rooms are nice (avoid the 'Deluxe Room' which is very tiny) and the dining options are adequate. Not a lot of selection but it's usually good enough for me.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kristina P, Front Office Manager at Hotel at the Lafayette a Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

To Hotel Manager - Your Food and Beverage brought down your score.

Rooms speak for themselves and are great. Our TV connection with cable kept cutting in and out, that was a bit disappointing. Also - I would suggest having your housekeeping department dust above the refrigerator at least once every year. But tub is large and room was great.

Had lunch and breakfast at Lafayette Brewery restaurant off of the lobby. Lunch was just ok.

(SEE PICTURE OF JUICE @ BUFFET)
Breakfast Buffet-
I must bring to everyone’s attention how terrible the breakfast buffet was on Saturday. Eggs where a terrible powdered egg consistency, potato’s where re-heated, dark, over cooked and tasted disgusting. The employee spent a few moments chopping up the eggs in the warmer to make them look more like scrambled eggs. Nothing tasted fresh or pleasantly. Very disappointed.

The “Juice”, that I believe was supposed to be orange juice, WAS BROWN. I thought it might be apple cider...but I tasted it and it wasn’t tasting like either one. It also had NO label on it. But quite frankly - if a liquid at a breakfast buffet isn’t obvious, than your food and beverage department needs to be managed better. (See picture). I think I speak for everyone - when that is the ONLY juice offering at a breakfast buffet - that is wrong and disgusting! It ruined our breakfast having a choice of water or coffee only.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank BizTravel33
Kristina P, Front Office Manager at Hotel at the Lafayette a Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback, we appreciate it! I do apologize about the food and beverage aspect of your stay, we are in the process of changing our breakfast completely in the hopes that gust enjoy it. I will relay all of this information to the restaurant manager so they are aware of this as well. Thank you again, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

The accommodations and furnishings were very nice. However, the chain management undervalues the historical aspect of this grand old hotel, unlike some other historic properties in Buffalo. The craft beer restaurant is well done in the historical context and very good. Complimentary breakfast left a lot to be desired in terms of quality and service. Having experienced it once I won't be back.

Stayed: March 2018
Kristina P, Front Office Manager at Hotel at the Lafayette a Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback, we appreciate it! We are privately owned by a local family and try to keep the history of the building alive in all aspects. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at various hotels and this hotel was pretty good. Not overly comfortable with valet parking but no choice there. Rooms are tasteful mattress was to soft for my tastes. I would say they need to decorate the halls with some tastefully placed pieces of art but this isn't a huge issue. One thing I found vary off however was the lack of toast bread at breakfast they had bagels which due to their unhealthy ingredients I refuse to eat but not simple toast bread. This is something that could easily be rectified. The only true negative was at check in. We had a bit of difficulty but it also was rectified.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Kristina P, Front Office Manager at Hotel at the Lafayette a Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback, we appreciate it! I do apologize about the breakfast we are in the process of changing our breakfast completely, we hope you are able to come back and enjoy the new and improved breakfast. Thank you again for your feedback, we do appreciate it! Hope to see you again soon.