“EXCELLENT Food”

P.F. Chang's
Ranked #80 of 1,117 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: P.F. Chang’s is a restaurant concept that honors the 2,000-year-old Asian tradition of wok cooking and believes in making food from scratch every day in every restaurant. With a Farm to Wok food philosophy at its core, P.F. Chang’s chefs hand-roll dim sum, hand chop and slice all vegetables and meats, handcraft every sauce and wok-cook each recipe, every day in every restaurant using fresh ingredients. With roots in Chinese cooking, the culinary landscape at P.F. Chang’s now stretches across Asia with diverse, culturally inspired recipes including hand-rolled sushi, Vietnamese-style soups and bowls, traditional Chinese dim sum, wok-fired chicken and beef entrees, and family style noodles and rice. All made from scratch every day.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My parents and I had a great time. The wait staff was well-trained. I would probably dine at this place another time. Get the Hunan or Mongolian beef.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped while doing some shopping at the mall to grab a couple of appetizers to stave off our hunger pangs but wanting something lighter that wouldn’t ruin our appetite for dinner. Settled on the fried calamari and vegetables and the shrimp dumplings to share. Yummy! The calamari and veggies were fried with a light, crunchy coating and spicy dipping sauce. The dumplings were on the small side but filled with shrimp and had a nice sauce on the platter to soak them in. Great server - she was very friendly and attentive!

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We have eaten other other P.F. Chang restaurants and loved the food. However, this location at the Walden Galleria was terrible. We had the Mandarin Crunch Salad which had chunks of frozen Mango (that were still frozen in the center) and the Beef a la Sichuan. The beef was over cooked and very salty. Also, we had to wait a long time to get our meal, because the kitchen sent our entree to another table. The best part of the meal was the plain rice :(

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Although this is a chain restaurant we had a very pleasant experience for lunch.We shared the crab wontons which are always a favorite and they did not disappoint. In addition I had the Mongolian Beef and my wife had the Korean Chicken Stir Fry. Both were tasty. The only disappointment was the Green Tea which was not very hot (barley warm). They tried correcting but it was just a tad warmer. Apparently they had problems with equipment. The server was very attentive and accommodating.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

I had made reservations at an upscale restaurant in downtown Buffalo. However, when I checked the menu, it had changed drastically since the reservations for our table had been made. In a state of panic, I frantically began searching for the top restaurants in the Buffalo area. I came across P.F. Chang’s, which was near the top of the list (and rightly so) and looked at the menu. It was an easy decision to cancel my reservations and make new ones at the P.F. Chang’s at the Galleria. Here is my feedback:

As soon as we walked in, we were immediately impressed with the cleanliness and ambience of the restaurant. We were warmly greeted by the hostess, who looked up our reservations, and shortly taken to our spacious booth after. Our server arrived within a minute of us being seated. She greeted us with the most genuine happiness I have ever witnessed in any restaurant. She took our drink orders, and was back with them in record time. Upon her return, she asked us if we had ever dined there before. When we told her that it was our first time, her enthusiasm and excitement was evident as she explained some of the menu items to us. She knew every menu item; i.e. what was in it, what it was comparable to, and if substitutions could be made, which was extremely important to us, since one of us has a food allergy. We chose some appetizers and our main dishes, and we ordered a lot, because we came there hungry. We took in the atmosphere while we waited for our food. Again, we were struck by the knowledge, kindness, and sincerity of our server. As we discussed that, our conversation shifted to the restaurant itself. The lighting was perfect; not too dark, not too bright. Despite the large size of the restaurant, our booth was cozy, romantic, and quiet, despite the proximity to other tables. Our conversation was short because our sushi arrived very quickly. The presentation of the dish itself was incredible. It was like a work of art, to the point that we took a picture of it before we ate it. The taste matched the beauty of the dish. As we were chewing our last bites, our next plate arrived. This time, it was dumplings. Again, what a well presented dish. The lightness of the dumplings was perfect. It wasn’t heavy, like I would have thought. The sauce that adorned the plate was the perfect compliment to an already great tasting dish. Just as we were finishing those, our main dishes arrived. I ordered the sweet and spicy chicken. My girlfriend ordered the honey chicken. We ordered white rice and fried rice. We each took a bite of our main dish and were blown away by the explosion of delicious flavor that overtook our pallets. We each took some of the other person’s chicken to try that, as well. I don’t even like honey, but that chicken was amazing. Part way through, we decided to go big and ordered some chicken egg rolls. Those arrived before we could finish our chicken. As usual, they were delicious as well. Once our meals were finished, we decided to try the cheesecake. It was the best cheesecake we’ve ever had in our entire lives. Our server boxed up our food for us and we asked to speak to the manager so we could provide feedback to him about our experience. When he came out, I thought he was one of the servers, because I had seen him going around to all of the tables and talking with the other patrons. His name is Charles Arnell. We thanked him, from the deepest place in our hearts, for the entire experience.

From the time we walked in, until we walked out, we were treated as honored guests, not just customers. We dined on food that was, clearly, prepared with care, by hand, with only the finest ingredients.