“Cool place to drink, Food is hit or miss!”

Southside Tavern - Eatery & Bar
Ranked #179 of 380 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Price range: USD 12 - USD 25
Description: A Classic American Tavern. From the food we serve to the music we play. 3 areas for your enjoyment... Front room with full bar, dining, tvs. Middle Room with dining, big screen (10') for sports and movies, stage for live entertainment. Patio with fire pits, heaters, plenty of seating and a covered bar... Great Burgers, Salads, Entrees, Desserts. Happy Hour M-F Hangover Brunch & Sports: Open at 10am Sat-Sun. Lunch 11am-3pm Mon-Fri. DJ's spinning the hits Fri-Sat 10pm-Close. SouthSide Sundays Live Music, Brunch and more.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went here just me and my wife for a light lunch because my wife liked the salad special. Walked in and there were 3 locals at the bar drinking. Asked if we could sit on the patio and the waitress was happy to let us sit there. The place is rustic and cool with a nice old school mountain vibe. I loved the way the place looked and felt and really just enjoyed the whole ambiance of the place. It just spoke to me.

Bartender came back and took our drink order then came back with drinks and took our lunch order. Beers were fine. Local brews that were good and cold and hit the spot. The salad was really good as were the sides we ordered. The only thing about the food was we had to order twice because they were out of the sides we ordered the first time. Not a big deal but it wasn't anything special so it seems odd to be out of both.

Anyway, great place to drink and hang out and food (for the most part) was good!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I am a bit surprised at some of the low ratings on this restaurant. My family and I visited on a Friday evening and were blown away by the food and drinks presented to us. I had and French Chicken, and I will tell you this was the best chicken I have ever had. My husband had the Cajun Pasta and was very pleased. Our Daughter had a hamburger and was equally pleased with her choice. I have to tell you that the house margarita I had was one of the best "house" drinks I have ever come across. It was a great time and great food. Our server and Alex the bartender were excellent and I am sure we will be going back often.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

In Flagstaff for a trip to the Grand Canyon with my husband and parents. We were recommended this place by our tour guide earlier in the day and in order to avoid crowds made a reservation. Boy am I sorry we came here. My French onion soup was a complete salt bomb to where I could only stomach a couple bites before I stopped eating. My mom tried it and said the exact same thing. I ordered a simple basic marinara, with shrimp. It was kind of the exact opposite of the soup- super bland and just not appetizing. I maybe ate half. Tails were still on the shrimp, which I'm not a fan of. My dad ordered salmon which he thought didn't have enough of, my mom had steak and it didn't look very good, taking aside the fact that she gets every piece of meat cooked well done. My husband was about the only one who liked his dish which was a pork chop with cherry glaze. There was practically no one in the restaurant and service was pretty sparse given the lack of a crowd. Apparently, the only redeeming quality was the craft beer which I can't partake in so I can't speak to that piece. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere in downtown Flagstaff because this isn't going to do it.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 8 February 2018

I was not impressed. I got the beef sliders, the beef tasted like it came from Sam's club freezer section, low quality, salty, I will not be back.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 28 October 2017

I would rate it 5 stars, but it got more crowded than I would have liked the other night and I don't like crowded spaces. They DO have Sonoran white chocolate beer though, which I love. So, I'll keep coming back no mater how crowded it gets.

Date of visit: October 2017