“quality stopover on way to monument valley”

Little America Hotel Flagstaff
Ranked #1 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 19 July 2017

My wife and I wanted to break the journey from Phoenix(having flown in from Philly) to Monument Valley so decided on an overnight in Flagstaff.Picked this hotel as it was near the junction of I-17/I-40 and its restaurant meant we could leave the car in the car park and both have a beverage or two.Check in was very efficient and our room was large and well equipped,though a bit dated(I think the hotel had one wing closed for a re-furb so maybe all the rooms will get a makeover).We had dinner in the restaurant and the food was excellent,as were the staff who served us..The bar had several local beers on draft which was a bonus for this beer drinking Yorkshireman.After a good nights kip I used the small fitness room to burn off some calories then went for a swim in the large outdoor pool with only a local gecko for company(not,I hasten to add,in the pool).We also had breakfast in the restaurant which was very good.The hotel is situated in large grounds with a walking trail.For us this hotel was a superb choice for an overnight stop and though there are cheaper lodging options in Flag we were very happy with this hotel and would stay here again if we're ever in this area.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bazfromyorkshire
Write a ReviewReviews (2,474)

Reviewed 15 July 2017

This is an older Hotel and has been updated through the years. The hotel and room were nice, but the location was right next to the I-40 Freeway and off-ramp and the parking lot. The room we had was on the north side toward the freeway and it was very noisy. The desk staff offered us another room at check-in for a $20 per day upcharge. The pool/spa was closed the first day and the second day the spa didn't work. The desk staff didn't really seem to care as it was "Maintenance" that was responsible. They have a lot of hidden charges in the billing that is disguised as "Fees and Taxes" which is about $40+ per day. I guess the fees are for Wi-Fi and just being there as there is no explanation of the fees I could find. When I checked out, I was not given a closing bill. The hotel book in the room was a little outdated as the hotel has changed times and services that are in conflict with the Guest Book.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a break down on the fees and get a room away from the freeway (south) if you decid...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank czunker
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Ok so when you first turn off the road its a sharp right turn we missed that and its right next to a truck stop so I was a little concerned at first but once you drive down the drive way its set back and peaceful. We were in Building 1 of 4 (I think) which is the closest to everything (front desk and restaurant, trails, fitness center, pools etc) Its also the only one not renovated however saying that I still LOVED it. Beds are comfy, rooms and bathrooms are BIG. The decor is a little outdated but I think thats part of the charm of the place. Every staff member we talked to was very friendly and happy to help with anything. We loved our stay and can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tara23Andy
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel does not look very nice from the front side, but it has a very nice garden and pool on the backside. We also asked for a room on the backside, away from the traffic noice. The room we had was fine for a family of four (teenagers). We appreciated the laundry room and the training facilities. There are nice jogging/walking trails just outside the rooms. The breakfast buffet had s nice selection of fruit, yoghurt and granola (which is important for us as we do not care too much about sweets). The pancakes were some if the best we have tasted so far.
The hotel is situated within driving (not walking) distance from Flagstaff, but it serves as a good starying point for many of the interesting attractions nearby (Meteor craters, vulvano craters, Walnut Canyon)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2017

One of the best we've stayed at over our years of travel. And don't think I mean we've been staying in motels either. I WAS a major contributor to TA until they shut my account down for some sarcastic comments. We've stayed in 5 star hotels around the world. This hotel without doubt is fantastic. You must insure that you will be staying in the newly refurbished sections. The decor and furnishings are all first rate. They have a mountain/rustic yet classy decor. Beds are firm and comfortable using double sheets, comforter, soft blanket, feather pillows. The bath is amazing with its wood tone tiles, glass, Toto toilet, Speakman shower head, thick bath mats and towels and all quality hardware. It's as though no expense was spared in the refurbishment. The grounds are bueatiful within a wooded setting. The lobby and restaurant and superbly decorated and appointed. The employees are all well trained and courteous. Cannot say enough positive about our stay at this wonderful hotel. Free high speed internet too. No,pets allowed. Dog in pic is a service dog FYI.

Room Tip: The newly refurbished roomsare best.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple