“Great location for all the sights”

Wyndham Flagstaff Resort
Reviewed 26 September 2011

My husband and I stayed in a two bedroom/two bath tri-level.

The master bedroom and ensuite bath are both quite large, with a walk-in closet fully equipped (iron, ironing board), and it's own balcony. The kitchen is truly a full kitchen (full size fridge, dishwasher, coffee maker, microwave, full stove), with all washing products and paper products supplied. More than enough supplied towels. A washer and dryer (again with supplied products). Large and comfortable living room with flat-screen TV, with dvd player and stereo. Separate dining room with large table and a beautiful, large, private balcony.

And each unit has it's own wi-fi, free.

Excellent location. We flew into Phoenix, rented a car, and from this location could drive comfortably to the Grand Canyon, the Painted Desert/Petrified Forest, Sedona and the Red Rocks.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CathyFitz2451

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We enjoyed this hotel, it was great with little kids, and the service was wonderful. We rented a two bedroom two bath, that had a sleeper sofa in the living room. The suite was a tri-level. Well laid out, with a master on the bottom floor, second bedroom with twin beds on the second floor, and kitchen, living and dining rooms on the top floor. Balconies were on the bottom and top floors. The suite was spacious and the kitchen was well equipped. We had a small child who was crawling, though, so the tri-level was a hindrance and the fireplace a hazard. However, we managed just fine. The staff were extremely helpful in giving us baby gates for the stairs and even rigging a gate with a wood block to secure the fireplace, which was a huge relief.

My only complaints about the suite itself was that the beds (master and especially the sofa bed) were really awful, very worn and uncomfortable. Not what I'd expect from a Wyndham. The twin beds seemed newer and nicer. Also, the carpets needed to be steam cleaned, they were really dirty. Obviously vacuumed and appeared clean, but the bottoms of our feet, and my poor baby's hands and knees were filthy, after just 15 minutes. The rest of the suite was very clean, but could definitely use remodeling in the bathrooms, they were old and outdated and not in the best shape. The kitchen was nice with granite countertops and nice appliances, but the cabinets were also worn and outdated. All in all it was very comfortable, but not the greatest for what we paid.

However, the kids activities were well worth the price. The Bear Paw Clubhouse was awesome! Two pools (kiddie and bigger), miniature golf, pool tables, movie theater, Wii, ice cream bar, etc. The kids spent all day there one day and had a great time. They also have planned activities throughout the day that were fun, ask for a schedule at the front desk. We would definitely go back there, especially when the kids are a little older, because the suite was conducive to a family stay, and the clubhouse was a great way to pass the time with the kids.

I would stay away from the Golf Course restaurant, at least for dinner. The food wasn't good and service was incredibly slow. Black Barts Steakshouse was our favorite, the food was awesome and the singing waiters were fantastic and very entertaining! Note that this resort is on one end of town, not in the middle of it, if location is important. However, the town is small, and we didn't mind. Lastly, it being a small town, if you are there on a holiday weekend and want to order dinner out, like a pizza, make sure to do so way in advance, we weren't able to get one in any reasonable amount of time (quotes of over 2 hours and they were quite rude about it), so we ended up having to pick up a frozen pizza at the market and cook it ourselves.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank taxcpa
Reviewed 21 August 2011

My family stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit (#301), it was well stocked, very clean and seemed like it may have been remodeled, although a few things may still need updated (like the sliding glass doors, this did not bother us though). One bedroom had a king bed, the other had two twins. The living room had a flat screen tv and fire place. We had a full kitchen, full size laundry, dining room, two decks and a jacuzzi tub in the master bath. Seemed to be brand new furnishings in the bedrooms.

Our unit was very comfortable, like a home away from home. My two boys ages 12 and 9 loved the rec center, the pool and mini golf. I absolutely loved Flagstaff. It is a great location for visiting Grand Canyon and Sedona. It was warm enough to enjoy the outdoor activities but so much more comfortable than staying in Sedona where got pretty hot. The drive to Sedona is a beautiful one on the scenic road (89A I think it is called?). The staff was very friendly. I would definitely stay here again. We had a great time!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank 15mwaltrip
Reviewed 6 August 2011

This is a nice place with excellent views of Mt Eldon. It is a huge complex with a nice pool area. The two and three bedroom units are very spacious and quiet. But the 1 bedroom and 1 BDRM deluxe units are integrated into a quadplex architecture with thin wals and lockouts that make for a lot of noise between the units. All of the 1 bedroom units are located together and have room for parking one vehicle in front of the unit which is great for loading and unloading your stuff. . Build in the 1980s the complex is spread out over a hilly area and there is one pool and activity area. An agreement has been made with the Continental Golf course to also use their pool, tennis courts and exercise room. The exercise room is better than most places with universal type stations, exercise bikes and treadmills.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank phxhiker
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I've stayed here at least ten times since my first stay four years ago. I love it so much that I stopped going to San Diego as much as I used to so I could visit Flagstaff and enjoy myself at Wyndham. Even though I've stayed this many times, this stay still showed me a room layout that I've never had before. The units are very spacious and always have the current appliances. The staff is welcoming, and the activities center is convenient, comfortable, and actually has a kiddie pool that's bigger than a bathtub. :) No train sounds, either! Yay! Another thing I love about this place is that it feels so homey that we usually stay a week and have an adventure every other day with the days between being lazily spent in the resort area. Last time during our lazy days, we hung out with the stray cats, baked, hot-tubbed, swam, checked out board games, played mini-golf, and found a geocache! NICE!

TIPS:
1. When you register, ask for a wheelchair-accessible room, or you may get stuck in the tri-level.
2. Check out a couple games the first day.
3. Visit the activities center the first day.
4. Don't fall for the breakfast attempt to sell you something. The good thing is that this is not a sales location. The bad thing is that, if you do buy something, you have to accompany a salesperson to Sedona, which will take half the day.
5. Ask for the room to be equipped with a floor fan because the rooms don't usually have ceiling fans and they run out of floor fans a lot.
6. The wi-fi is very slow, so use your own hotspot, if you can.

Room Tip: Even though there are very few units on Country Club Rd, ask for one that isn't. Also ask for a...