“Best Bed and Breakfast We've Ever Stayed in”
other travellers have booked this property
Have your breakfast in the sunny dinning room or on the outside deck.
View of the warm wood dining room.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Have your breakfast in the sunny dinning room or on the outside deck.
View of the warm wood dining room.
Bright and sunny kitchen open all the time.
Another view of the kitchen with hardwood floors.
Fruit with the Continental breakfast.
Peeking into the kitchen from the dining room.
The living area as seen from the kitchen.
Enjoy a glass of wine in front of the fireplace.
Another view of the living room.
The landing at the top of the stairs.
Handcrafted juniper vanity in the Cabin Room.
Cabin Room vanity area.
Cabin Room bathroom.
Closet in Cabin Room has a mini-refrigerator and microwave.
Writing desk in Cabin Room.
Two comfy over-stuffed swivel rocking chairs.
Handcrafted juniper split-rail bed.
Looking out from the Cabin Room..
Wicker Room with double bed.
Wicker Room.
Wicker Room vanity area.
First floor master bedroom with queen bed.
Master bedroom with queen bed.
Master bedroom bathroom.
Back deck with porch swing.
This view was taken from my driveway. Surrounded by pine trees.
Back deck in the summer sun.
The backyard deck is perfect for breakfast or late afternoon wine.
A view from the street.
Outside view of my property.
Street view of my property.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 12 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Carol J
“Best Bed and Breakfast We've Ever Stayed in”
Reviewed 7 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

My husband and I stayed at Whispering Pines Inn while attending the Bluegrass Festival in Flagstaff. We were so delighted with our stay! We were met by the very friendly hostess, Laura, who showed us to our room where a bottle of chilled wine and a plate of chocolate-covered strawberries met us! The room was adorably decorated and we felt like we were in a cabin in the woods. We had our own microwave and refrigerator, but also felt welcome to use the home's kitchen with snacks, juice and coffee maker ready 24/7. Breakfasts were super yummy and I took some of the recipes home with me. There are walking trails right outside the home, which we intend to use the next time we're in Flagstaff! One of the most enjoyable memories was spending time over breakfast chatting with Laura! Such a relaxing time! Thank you, Laura, for providing such a wonderful place to stay while we enjoyed the bluegrass music at the festival!

9 Oct 2016
Dear Guests, Wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I'm very touched by your words. It was such a pleasure to meet you both, and I enjoyed our time over breakfast talking. Meeting lovely and interesting people like you make running a bed and breakfast the best work ever! Please do come back again! Winter snow, sipping cocoa in front of a roaring fire is a fine time too! Sending my best regards, Laura
Horsenaro...
“Outsanding place to stay.”
Reviewed 9 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

It was close to the coconino national forest, Grand Canyon national park and mount humphris trail head. The house was spacious and had all the comforts of home. It was perfect !

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
11 Sep 2016
Dear Guests, thank you for your lovely "5 star" review! People do read reviews, so I really appreciate you taking the time to post your review. It was a pleasure having you, you were wonderful guests, and I hope you will return again. Best regards, Laura Matthews
Anthony B
“Wonderful home away from home”
Reviewed 14 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Amazing house. Very close to centre of Flagstaff. Perfect location for visits. We did: Monument Valley (one day); Grand Canyon (two days); Petrified forest, Painted Desert and Meteor Crater (one day); some local things (Walnut Canyon, Museum of Northern Arizona, etc) plus a few other things. Really great place to stay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
18 Aug 2016
Dear Anthony, thank you for staying at my property in Flagstaff! You were wonderful, considerate guests. Thank you also for your positive review. I so appreciate your kind words. Best regards, Laura
cruisingb...
Gold Canyon, Arizona
“Spacious beautiful home in a quiet neighborhood.”
Reviewed 9 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

My husband and I stayed at the Whispering Pines Inn the first week of June.The Inn was very clean, cozy, and had all of the emenities for an enjoyable home away from home vacation.

The location was ideal to drive to the downtown area, restaurants, and several hiking trails. I would highly recommend the Whispering Pines Inn for a great place to stay in Flagstaff!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
12 Jun 2015
Dear Guests, thank you for your very positive review of my property! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and found everything you needed. I love my guests, and find everyone to be so thoughtful and considerate in how they leave the property. But you two take the cake! When I retuned from my trip, I couldn't believe how amazingly clean you left everything. If I could nominate you for some kind of "guest award", I surely would. Thank you, and please visit again. Best regards, Laura Matthews
Steve B
Lemon Grove, California
“A Wonderful Week in the Pines”
Reviewed 8 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We had an exceptional time during our stay at this lovely home. Laura makes sure that her guests have everything you could possibly need and then some. It is well-appointed with all the creature comforts and it is charming, clean, comfortable and close to many interesting sites. We had everything we needed to relax and unwind after an enjoyable day out on the town or from visiting one of the many venues such as Sunset Crater, Sedona and the Grand Canyon...we enjoyed them immensely.
We really appreciated the quiet setting of this home and were thrilled to be nestled amongst the tall pines with all of their wonderful shade and aromas. It was special to catch the sounds of the occasional trains off in the distance and to watch the birds just outside the windows. We felt as if we were far out in the woods, close to nature and all that she has to offer when in fact we were only a short hop away from the interesting sites contained within a beautiful city that is set at the base of some of the most majestic mountains that we have seen. (The nearby 'Peaks' were snow-capped by a spring storm that afforded us pleasant vistas along with comfortable temperatures.)
From the fresh flowers on the patio and the comfy beds in the Master Suite, to the cute kitchen and the welcoming family room, this mountain retreat was perfect. We want to thank Laura for everything and most definitely would like to stay here again!

Steve and Mary
(We live near San Diego, CA but we vacation in Arizona nearly every year.)

12 Jun 2015
Dear Guests, I am truly grateful for your great, thoughtful and kind review! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and documented everything you enjoyed in such detail in your review. It will give others needed information when choosing where to stay in Flagstaff. I'm sorry I did not get to meet you this time, but it was lovely to correspond with you. I hope you will visit again! You left the place so tidy, wow! Best regards,and happy travels! Laura Matthews
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing