“Great hospitality and attention to detail!”
Review of England House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
England House B&B
Ranked #2 of 11 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
“Great hospitality and attention to detail!”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed four glorious nights at the England House B&B. Richard and Laurel are very accommodating and go above and beyond with customer service. It was such a relief to know that the only part of our 12-day vacation that we didn't need to preplan was when we stayed here. Richard assured us that they would help plan our day, every day, and that they eagerly did. That just made the pampering they gave us that much better. Freshly ironed sheets that wrap around you, an immaculately kept room and home, refreshments (including ice cream treats) available 24/7, beautifully presented breakfasts that were yummy, creative and different each day, are just the highlights of how gracious our hosts were. Oh, fresh flowers all around didn't hurt either! We could not have been happier, and our stay here has made our vacation from our own B&B that much more enjoyable. And, since we are innkeepers ourselves, we can be pretty picky about a lot of things. Take it from us, this is where you want to stay when in Flagstaff....they do it right!

Room Tip: The Song Catcher has a great bay window that faces south. Lots of natural light!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2012

My wife and I needed a little mid-week getaway from the city and computers we stare at and had a list minute idea to try out our first B&B up in Flagstaff. I wasn't sure what to expect since it was our first B&B, but we were pleasantly surprised! The house was amazing, there was a calming aura that emanated from it, which made you instantly relaxed. It felt like you were going into the past, to simpler times. Our hosts, Richard and Laurel, were both great people - the kind you wish you had as neighbors! They were very accommodating and seemed to have every possible need ready to go. They are what made our stay so great. If anything, come to see the house, but stay for Richard and Laurel! Oh and how could I forget - our breakfast! ...delicious! We had baked banana crumble pudding and a breakfast croissant sandwiches that rivals any coffee shopI And that blueberry juice, boy do I need to find that! I would definitely recommend this to my friends and family.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 18 March 2012 via mobile

For us, Bed and Breakfasts are experiences that predominantly hinge on the innkeepers, the accomodations and the food. Laurel and Richard are innkeepers that all other B & B's should emulate. The property, an immaculately maintained turn-of-the 20th Century historic stone home is small, with only 4 guest rooms and limited parking. But Richard and Laurel greet and tour the guests to make them familiar with the property and it's minor quirks, then step back and allow you the space to relax. They are are attentive to your needs and quick to offer services and recommendations of local sights, shopping and dining, but are never intrusive.
Rooms: we stayed in the Star Gazer. Queen sized 'earring' bed with a memory-foam mattress. High High quaity linens (Ironed Sheets!) en-suite bath with separate jetted tub and shower. Jettted tub NOT oversized, but is comfortable. Good water pressure and more than enough hot water.
Room is at the front of the house, there is some minor street noise (house is on the route to Lowell Observatory) and there is almost nowhere in town that you will not hear trains.
Lots of light, big but poorly laid out closet, ironwork and glass table is almost too big for the space but makes a nice reading/work space for 2.
Breakfast: These folks can cook. Wonderful organic meals both mornings after they confirmed with us any dietary restrictions which they readily accomodated. Fresh fruit, organic juice selections, high quality coffee. Main dishes included individual souffles one morning, and a cheese melt over a croissant the other. Fresh baked muffins, homemade preserves. All served on the patio. Guests also have access to fresh baked cookies, snacks, and informal wine appears in the evening.
Location is an easy 10 minute walk to downtown for shopping and dining.
Richard and Laurel are proud of their inn, and it truely shows.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank James W
Burbank, California, United States
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My stepmom the travel wizard booked this B&B for my dad and I when the two of us came to Flagstaff to look at the school. We stayed in the Stone Cutter room. Dad got the master bed and I got the daybed in the drawing room. The daybed could be pulled out to make a full size bed, but I didn't even bother- on its own it fit perfectly into a little nook with thick red curtains you could shut off from the rest of the room. It was a very comfy hidey-hole and a great way to get some privacy if dad wanted to hang out and read.
We were expecting a nice B&B, but were were not prepared for how beautiful England House was. The innkeep was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the location was an easy walk to all of the good restaurants down town. Breakfast was different each morning and absolutely delicious. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a classy and cozy stay.
My only complaint? The wi-fi was kinda slow. Since this place doesn't have TVs (and shouldn't- it would ruin the aesthetic) internet is the only in-room media available. A faster 'net speed would be good for folks looking to do something online that's a little more complicated than check e-mails or blogs. Besides that though, this place was perfect on so many levels.
On the last day the innkeeper reminded us of the "room vortices" (as he put it)- spots in our particular room where people were most likely to forget stuff. That really helped- I had totally forgotten that we had stuff in the mini fridge. We're definitely coming back here!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The English House is a beautiful, clean, and conviently located bed and breakfast. Inn keepers were not only gourmet cooks specializing in organic fare, but also accommodating to our every need (I was even able to borrow a warm winter coat as I was unprepared for the chilly nights). I originally booked the pantry and as the site stated it was a small yet cozy room. As my husband and I has quite a bit of luggage, Richard was able to accommodate us with a larger vacant room. We had the chance to check out all of the rooms and each one is charming and beautiful. We were given great hiking, touring, am dining tips every morning. We look forward to coming back the next time we are in the area and will recommend to anyone looking to travel to AZ.

• Stayed February 2012