“Great but didn't know I was supposed to tip the drivers”

Historic Hitchin' Post Stables
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We provide horseback and trail riding for the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, Arizona area, and if you want to experience the best horses, the best scenery, the best wranglers, than you don't want to miss a day of riding in the Coconino National Forest. This is the largest National Forest in the US, and it has miles of horseback trails with scenic beauty, spectacular views, quiet solitude, and the Arizona Trail is accessible from our stables. 1 Hour Ride = $55; 2 Hour Ride = $100; 3 Hour Ride = $150; 4 Hour Ride = $180; 6 Hour Ride = $240; 8 Hour Ride = $300. Wagon Ride = $45 (children 4 and under ride for FREE). Cowboy Meals: Adult Cowboy Dinner = $40 (Steak or chicken, cowboy baked beans, salad, Texas toast & choice of a drink). Child Cowboy Dinner = $20 (Burgers or hotdogs, cowboy baked beans, salad, Texas toast, & choice of drink). Cowboy Lunch = $20 (burgers or hotdogs, potato salad, choice of drink). Cowboy Breakfast = $10 (bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes, juice or coffee). Pack Lunch = $25 (This will go with you on your ride. Choice of sandwich, potato salad, chips and choice of drink).
Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great but didn't know I was supposed to tip the drivers”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My son and I had such a great time with some friends, I am going to do this again next month since there will be snow. The staff are kind and the horses are amazing.

Surprise, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Sleigh ride”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We schedule the hour long sleigh ride at 7pm on thanksgiving! We arrived at 7 and were back in our car driving away at 735 First let me say, our cowboys were great! They were funny and were the only positive about our experience! We purchased the sleigh ride with a bonfire and cocoa. There was no bonfire and no cocoa. The entire ride was maybe 25 minutes. They did stop to show us where the bonfire should have been. And seemed suprised that it wasn't there! Yet not what we purchased! Very disappointed!

6 Thank Matthewmartin0710
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Don't waste your money!”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

What I bought was an hour long sleigh ride with bonfire and hot coco. What I actually got was a 15 min wait, so they could hitch up the loud squeaky wheeled trailer (no sleigh). Then rushed by an empty fire pit and not a hot cup of coco in sight. My 2 hour drive up from Phoenix to Flagstaff for a 20 min ride (not an hour as promised) was so not worth it.

5 Thank Craigwhey
Mesa, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rosemarie R.”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Really enjoyed our visit at the Hitchin' Post. My daughters and I went on the hour ride. The staff are very friendly, the horses are well cared for, and our guide Greg was very nice and informative. Our horses were matched to our ability. I haven't been riding in a few years, but felt really great on the trail. Looking forward to going again, and will go on the two hour trail. This was a great way to spend time with my girls while visiting them at NAU.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rosemarie R
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service & ride”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My daughter and I enjoyed the ride, especially the guide who had a great sense of humor and was very informative about the area. The horses were great as well.

Visited August 2013