“ask and you shall receive”

Comfort Inn Flagstaff
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This was our second stay at this Comfort Inn. The first, we had the room on the first floor that over-looked the front entry ramp. The room is clean and nice but the AC unit is loud when it goes on and off (and does so frequently). We didn't notice until we tried to sleep and by then, you don't want to move all of your stuff to a different room. This time, when I called to make the reservation I told her about my previous experience (she said she hadn't heard anything bad about the AC units) so I just asked if she had a room on the second floor. She said they did and asked me King or Doubles. I said it didn't matter, we wanted the furthest away from the smoking rooms (read on Trip 101-102 and 201-202 are smoking) and she said OK you got it. King suite, 2nd floor. The room was great. Abigail was friendly and delivered what was promised. The breakfast was pretty good but the attendant seemed grumpy and unapproachable. The coffee (only one option) was below average but we're pretty picky coffee drinkers. We'd still stay here again so long as we can get a desirable room. We've also stayed at Hampton Inn (across the street) which is newer but it's really close to the interstate and you can hear the semi trucks going by. I'd recommend this comfort inn but ask for the room you want.

Room Tip: The first room down the east hall that overlooks the front entrance ramp has a really loud AC unit...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Flagstaff

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Stopped in Flagstaff, our first time at this property. Welcomed by a great staff at the front desk, with fresh-baked cookies. There was snow on the ground in places (late March stay) and the mountain air smelled crisp and clean. We walked among the towering pines for a while, just relaxing after a day of driving on interstate highways. Easy walk from this property to casual and upscale restaurants, Kohl's and WalMart shopping, and much more. The lobby of this property feels like a mountain resort --- towering ceiling, open beams, roaring fireplace. We'll be back!

Room Tip: All rooms are "away from the street" here --- but you may also want to ask to be away from...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DrFrisbie
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My main complaint with this one, like many hotels, is the ac-heater that won't stay on steadily but bangs on and off.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Of the five hotels we've stayed in during this trip, the Comfort Inn in Flagstaff is the clear winner! My husband and I have no complaints, and feel fortunate to have found it. I haven't eaten at the breakfast bar, but my guy said that it's all right. Last night, we had to find another parking place after going out for dinner, which is picky after I ALSO tell you that we're so comfortable, we've decided to stay another night (we'll be able to visit a few more Flagstaff attractions). After all, this hotel is lovely, clean, comfortable, pets are accepted, and the price is right...how much more could I possibly expect?!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Martha B
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed here on Dec 26 as a stop-over to break a Colorado road trip in half. We arrived around 11:20pm local time and could not find any parking in the regular lot (as a previous reviewer mentioned, there were 2 or so large trucks both pulling U-haul trailers that took up a good 10 or so spaces.. what the???). Front desk attendant that evening was polite enough.

We had a room on the first floor, very near to where they serve the complimentary breakfast. I believe we were 1 unit away from the ice machine. Despite the close proximity to these amenities, we were not bothered by any noises. We were impressed by the modern, yet homey decor of our room; were relieved that despite the outside temperatures, our heater kept us nice and toasty all night; and were quite pleased with the comfortability of the bed. Even the tub drain was not slow (which I've unfortunately found is common in many hotel facilities). My biggest complaint are with the pillows.. We frequently will stay at a Comfort Inn, and I've noticed that they are doing this now.. using smaller square pillows so that the pillow cases actually have to be folded into themselves.. That is not cool and takes away from the comfy-ness of the bed.

The complimentary breakfast was decent (pastries, hard-boiled eggs, pretty good coffee, egg and sausage patties you can make into muffin sandwiches), with a DIY waffle maker which included a strawberry-flavored batter.. THAT WAS THE BEST!!!!! Please.. make that standard in ALL Comfort Inns!!!

I truly appreciated the attendant who was constantly busy with making sure everything was stocked and the trash receptacles were not overflowing. I hope that the hotel management reads this and recognizes her, because I really wanted to tip her but did not have cash on hand. :o(

The eating area has a winter lodge feel with nice views (albeit, views of the street), and I wish we could have hung out there a little longer because it really gave this little motel a nice, rustic touch.

Room Tip: We don't have pets, but I believe pets are allowed with an additional fee.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple