“Best of Trip, So Far!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Plainwell, Michigan, United States
“Best of Trip, So Far!”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Of the five hotels we've stayed in during this trip, the Comfort Inn in Flagstaff is the clear winner! My husband and I have no complaints, and feel fortunate to have found it. I haven't eaten at the breakfast bar, but my guy said that it's all right. Last night, we had to find another parking place after going out for dinner, which is picky after I ALSO tell you that we're so comfortable, we've decided to stay another night (we'll be able to visit a few more Flagstaff attractions). After all, this hotel is lovely, clean, comfortable, pets are accepted, and the price is right...how much more could I possibly expect?!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Martha B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Encinitas, CA
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed here on Dec 26 as a stop-over to break a Colorado road trip in half. We arrived around 11:20pm local time and could not find any parking in the regular lot (as a previous reviewer mentioned, there were 2 or so large trucks both pulling U-haul trailers that took up a good 10 or so spaces.. what the???). Front desk attendant that evening was polite enough.

We had a room on the first floor, very near to where they serve the complimentary breakfast. I believe we were 1 unit away from the ice machine. Despite the close proximity to these amenities, we were not bothered by any noises. We were impressed by the modern, yet homey decor of our room; were relieved that despite the outside temperatures, our heater kept us nice and toasty all night; and were quite pleased with the comfortability of the bed. Even the tub drain was not slow (which I've unfortunately found is common in many hotel facilities). My biggest complaint are with the pillows.. We frequently will stay at a Comfort Inn, and I've noticed that they are doing this now.. using smaller square pillows so that the pillow cases actually have to be folded into themselves.. That is not cool and takes away from the comfy-ness of the bed.

The complimentary breakfast was decent (pastries, hard-boiled eggs, pretty good coffee, egg and sausage patties you can make into muffin sandwiches), with a DIY waffle maker which included a strawberry-flavored batter.. THAT WAS THE BEST!!!!! Please.. make that standard in ALL Comfort Inns!!!

I truly appreciated the attendant who was constantly busy with making sure everything was stocked and the trash receptacles were not overflowing. I hope that the hotel management reads this and recognizes her, because I really wanted to tip her but did not have cash on hand. :o(

The eating area has a winter lodge feel with nice views (albeit, views of the street), and I wish we could have hung out there a little longer because it really gave this little motel a nice, rustic touch.

Room Tip: We don't have pets, but I believe pets are allowed with an additional fee.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CLaw_9
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Stayed here December 10, 2011. Nicely decorated for the season and the fireplace in the common gatehring area of the lobby was so nice to sit by after coming in from the cold! Rooms were good and the beds were comfy. Morning breakfast was pretty good with a variety of foods. Sausages, egg patties, various bread, muffins, cereals, juices, etc.

Denver, CO
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed two nights at the Comfort Inn and have family in the area. I have stayed in several places in Flagstaff and this was slightly better than the other locations. We had two small children that went to bed around 8pm. Our room was on the second floor close to the staircase and fireplace area. It was noisy with people going by, mostly kids being a little too loud. The breakfast had lots of options and busy but the staff did their best keeping food available. The hotel could use more parking as stated in other reviews.

1 Thank aah0309
Queen Creek, Arizona
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stayed here on Dec. 26, 2011. The only bad part is the parking. We got the last space available. 2 trucks with U-Hauls attached took up 10 spaces of parking=( Other than that, our stay was great. Very quick check-in. The room was very modern and seemed to be renovated recently. Granite counters at the sink and kitchen. We were on the first floor, which I hate because I hear everyone walking above me, but I got a good deal on room so I can't complain too much. Oh and I heard the shower running from someone near us. I get that most places though. Our room was by the parking, but I never heard one car leaving or slamming doors. PLUS!!!
The heater never woke us up either. Very comfortable inside considering it was 14 degrees outside!
We had a room with 2 queens and we had a kitchen area with a good sized table. I would bring my own pillows next time because their pillows were small and square in shape. Kinda odd. Everything was very clean though. I didn't find any hairs in the sheets or blankets. I am grossed out by hair that is not mine...nasty. Anyhow, the room also had a nice flat screen t.v.
We ate breakfast at about 8:30 a.m. and it was very good. They kept bringing out food when it got low. They had make your own waffles, muffins, danishes, toast, English muffins, yogurt, 3 kinds of cereal, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, tea, milk, eggs (both scrambled and a round egg to put on your English muffin), sausage, and I think that's it. It filled us up! I have recently eaten a continental breakfast near Disneyland a few months back and it was HORRIBLE! I said so in my review and someone said they hate when people complain about a free breakfast but A: it gives the hotel a chance to change their breakfast so their customers are happy and B: it's not free...you're paying for it in your room rate, you just don't realize it=) Therefore for this hotel, I give their "free" breakfast a thumbs up! They also have a lovely fireplace that we sat in rocking chairs and enjoyed the warmth of the fire. It was wonderful!
We will be back.

Room Tip: Get a high floor if possible.
5 Thank mom2one1973