“Not Clean”
Review of Pei Wei Asian Diner - CLOSED

Pei Wei Asian Diner
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

I visited Pei Wei for lunch today. I haven't been here for a year or so. The wait staff was friendly and welcoming. Food taste and presentation was good. However, I was troubled by the lack of cleanliness. The black heat vent over the cooking area was greasy and dirty as well as the back of the dining room chairs had greasy fingerprints and grime. The drink machine screen looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. Bathroom doors and floor was dirty. Needs painting and / or remodeling. Music was way too loud. Not the same Pei Wei of two years ago.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed 10 August 2016

This Pei Wei has been steadily going downhill. We used to eat here fairly regularly, once every two weeks for lunch or take out. The last straw was a burnt dinner. My son and I went there for dinner one evening. We were presented with super drippy, greasy pork egg rolls. They were not good. Then out came my nasty entree. First, it smelled kind of weird. I ordered sweet and sour chicken with fried rice. When I took a bite of the rice, it tasted so horrible that I spit it out in a napkin. It was inedible. At that point, the smell and taste completely turned me off. My son order honey seared chicken with noodles. He said his was okay. The person in charge (not sure if manager) came over and I told them it smelled and tasted terrible. She immediately said that the rice was burned and would I like another entree? I said, "NO way, but thanks. I would like a refund on mine." She produced that and gave me a coupon for a free COOKIE. Whaaa? Plus, the Freestyle soda machine was out of the drink I like. Totally bum visit. I said I'd never go back - ever. One more thing, all the tables are sticky and you see wipe marks on them. Consistently. I shouldn't have to clean my table every time I eat there. Really?

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed the variety of choices. I chose a salad and sushi. Sushi had a large percentage of rice. They have the new drink machine and green tea.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

Pei Wei used to be one of my favorite cafe-type restaurants. Not true anymore. Tonight my food was cold when it arrived. I asked if I could get another dinner and they simply stirred it together and warmed it up. I drove 45 minutes to eat here, but this is my last visit to this restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank MaggieMac57
Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

They have no service but it's not designed for that ... it's order, get your food, eat and leave. The menu has various regional dished from the Far East ... each one has been Americian-ized for your safety. PW always has something new on the menu which is fun. If you are close by and need a quick bite ...it's that kind of place ... not drive an hour because you are craving orange crispy beef.

Date of visit: April 2016