“Worn down property but still a decent stay”

Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro
Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Germantown, Tennessee
“Worn down property but still a decent stay”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Do not be deterred by the appearance of this property. The exterior is well worn and the balconies slope sideways. Nevertheless, the rooms are very comfortable, well appointed and clean. Breakfast is ample with the staff keeping everything stocked. The front desk politely worked with me to get the rate we were supposed to get. Convenient to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank joegibbon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Wilmington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days 10/25-10/27/2011. I was in a ground level exterior room facing a major intersection and it was, in fact, noisy. The noise came through the exterior walls not from adjoining rooms. I found I was able to tolerate the noise and didn't complain. If the noise bothers you, try turning on the A/C fan...the drone of the fan will cover most of the exterior noises. Other than that, the room was clean and comfortable. I did notice that there was only one chair in the room (as a desk). A round table in the room had no chairs. The room was small and the king size bed filled the room. But I was there alone and didn't need extra space. The free breakfast was average but very convenient. I found the front desk staff very friendly. I had an interaction with a housekeeper who also was a server at the breakfast and she was very friendly and helpful. I was a bit skeptical of the closed door bar with a couple of bouncers sharing the entry way to the lobby. I usually step into the bar of a hotel to check it out, but the bouncers were definitely a turn off. I used the computers in the business center one of which was hooked to a printer which made it possible for me to print my airline boarding pass for 10/28/2011. I was not being a tourist for this trip (was there for a funeral of a relative), but the hotel was convenient to local attractions and a endless variety of stores and restaurants. Oh... I locked myself out of my room (left my wallet, containing the key, in the room) and the front desk people made sure I identified myself prior to providing another key. My last name is difficult to spell and when I spelled it correctly they issued the key.

Room Tip: Try to get an interior room or one not facing the intersection.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank c2h5oh_1
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Rooms are cramped, could be cleaner, hvac is loud . Leaks in hallway, collection bucket of water full but not emptied. Looks like no $$ being invested in hotel.

• Stayed October 2011
ewing
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We did not have a good experience at this hotel....it was very noisy!!! A lot of street noise: sirens, music booming from passing cars etc.....we were on the ground floor and there were a group of young people that kept going up and down the walk way outside talking very loud..then at 1:15am someone pounded on our door and twisted the door knob!!!! Definetly did not appreciate this as we were traveling and had plans to get good nights sleep and leave early to continue on trip to Fl......I will not stay here again!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Peoria
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I checked into this hotel for I had reserved a suite room which was suppose to be a king room. I was informed that this hotel did not have any suite rooms and the General Manager told me that if I did not like my room that I could check out and go somewhere else. He was very rude about the whole situation. He said that perhaps Motel 6 could accommodate my stay since I was looking for a reason to complain. I was/am in shock of the treatment that he gave me.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Travellers also viewed these Murfreesboro hotels
0.5 km away
0.3 km away
Best Western Chaffin Inn
Best Western Chaffin Inn
#10 of 37 in Murfreesboro

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro

Property: Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro
Address: 2227 Old Fort Pkwy, Murfreesboro, TN 37129-6912 (Formerly Holiday Inn Murfreesboro)
Region: United States > Tennessee > Murfreesboro
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#5 Business Hotel in Murfreesboro
Price range (per night): $96 - $140
Hotel Class:3 star — Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro 3*
Recently renovated during Summer of 2010. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro Hotel Murfreesboro