“Very nice farm to table restaurant”
Review of Terra Preta Prime

Terra Preta Prime
Ranked #22 of 318 Restaurants in Scranton
Cuisines: American
Description: Fresh Food. Seasonal Menu. Craft Cocktails. Cold-Pressed Juices. Craft Beers. Charcuterie Boards. Locally Sourced Produce and Meat. Small Plates. Innovative Delicious Simple and Whole Foods. Casual Fine Dining. Hospitality. Homemade Breads. Homemade Desserts.
Reviewed 6 July 2017

We went here for dinner this evening by accident. We actually were going to another restaurant and when we got there it was closed for vacation. This was a very lucky happenstance.
The restaurant is inside of an old theatre building and parking is across the street.
The restaurant is casual with a bar that extends the length of the back of the restaurant.
When we first arrived, the music was very loud and I was not sure if I wanted to stay, but someone must have complained, because the volume soon was turned down, so we were able to talk.
The menu had a very nice variety of items. There were several charcuterie choices, flatbreads, salads, entrees, sides and dessert. There is a bar menu as well as a nicely chosen wine list. The two glasses of wine we sampled were very nice and the pours were generous.
On Wednesdays there is a 3 course pre fixe menu for $30. It includes a soup or salad, a choice of 3 entrees, one of which was vegetarian and a choice of 2 desserts.
I chose the pre fixe with a strawberry bibb salad with blue cheese and candied nuts. It had a nice vinagrette dressing and was delicious. The only complaint about it, was that it wasn't cold. The lettuce was still cool but you could tell it had been sitting out.
I had the salmon entree with 2 dill cream cheese filled crepes and some asparagus spears.
I had a chocolate lava cake with salted caramel ice cream for dessert.
My vegan daughter had a carrot, ginger, cashew soup and a sprouted green salad with quinoa, lentils and beans.
Everything we ate was well prepared and delicious.
The prices were a bit high, but the portions were generous and we left full.
Our server was very good about checking on us and the pace of the meal was great,. Not to slow or fast.
Parking across the street is gated, but free, if you ask the server for a token to put in the gate box on your way out.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Great menu that changes seasonally, food is good, drinks are good, nice atmosphere for friends or couples or family, reasonably priced. I was there for lunch but I believe their only open for dinner now

Reviewed 27 April 2017

We went with friends on a Sunday evening after a long weekend...we were super excited as the menu looked fantastic. We started with a cheese and pickled platter which was delicious and perfect for sharing. My husband got the veggie pie that I will get next time we're in town as I ate most of it for him it was so good. We also had a twice baked/stuffed potato that was heavenly. We finished our meal with the vanilla creme brulee we thoroughly enjoyed. My only gripe is they don't serve any bread. Service was OK, but food makes up for it.

1  Thank Margo W
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Had high expectation for this place. Came for a friends birthday with a party of 18 that turned out to be 13 at the last minute due to cancelations. We were met with some hostility when we wanted to push the two tables of 9 together, considering 4 members of the party were sitting separately. We were assigned 2 servers which would of been great if all 18 people had shown up but when the reservation dropped both servers seemed upset. Considering the reservation was for 9pm and the place was pretty empty, it was shocking to be met with attitude. Sadly the food wasn't all that great either. I ordered the rib eye and it was kind of lame. overcooked and fatty. After all the attitude with party size I let it be.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

I work in Scranton and Terra Pretta is right near my office. I had been promising myself to go but for some reason it just never happened until now.

Nice ambiance and a feeling of comfort which you feel as soon as you walk in. The place started to fill around 5 pm so you it's a good idea to make a reservation.

The menu is affordable and with just enough variety to make it interesting to those with varying tastes.

Our server was a bit wistful. lWe skipped the appetizers for no specific reason but I believe they are a big draw to the restaurant. I enjoyed my dinner and the experience enough to visit again.