“The Best Kept Secret In New England”
Review of Chmura's Bakery

Chmura's Bakery
Ranked #2 of 7 Dessert in Springfield
Reviewed 15 December 2017

I live in the Town of Shelburne Vermont with friends in the Ludlow area of MA. I still remember my 1st trip to Chmura's Bakery over 20 yrs. ago. I was like a kid in a candy store only the Smells were making my Mouth Water. The lines were so long I couldn't get close enough to see everything in the show cases !! I could see over the top of patrons heads...The Breads and Portuguese Rolls had my Heart pounding ! This country girl was in Heaven. At last I was inching closer and closer to the Glass ! Now was decision time. How was I going to choose what I wanted to bring home ? I kept looking and looking until I could choose what I thought my family would enjoy. $100. later I had breads, rolls, pastries, donuts and the BEST CARROT CAKE I have ever eaten. Through the years I have learned to call in my order or I should say my Families orders. When I go to pick it up before coming home to Vt. I then get to view and choose everything I want ! I get the best of the best because 20 years later the smells are still the same, the lines are still long , something new to try on the trip home (twice a year), customers are still friendly even when in line for 20 minutes waiting for me to make my difficult decisions. Some of the same staff are still there and as friendly as ever !! The newer and younger members of the Bakery Staff laugh as they hand me bag after bag of boxes filled with a little bit of Heaven !! Please Open A Chumra's In My Neighborhood !!!! I know I have a trip down soon and we can't wait !!!! Thank You, Chmura's !

3  Thank noprize1954

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

The best Portuguese rolls in our area and the custard cups are to die for will def be back on a weekly visit

1  Thank Paulie3939
Reviewed 12 June 2017

This neighborhood gem is a must for bread lovers. Their rye bread is about the best I've every had. If you are not in the area much, buy two and freeze one, it freezes very well.

1  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Charming bakery off the main drag. Steady traffic due to its quality and neighborhood charm. Choruccia Croissant is a Portuguese variation with Chorizos in the croissants . They had a variety of cakes to go and Polish pastries. The atmosphere was warm and friendly staffed by equally warm and friendly people.

1  Thank DonJoseLuis
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Great bakery for Portuguese breads and polish too.
Go early and ask for their chabata rools or bread. Great pastries also.

1  Thank Peter R