“Fun Stop along the Mass Pike.”
Review of Theodore's

Theodore's
Ranked #2 of 404 Restaurants in Springfield
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Funky BBQ and Blues joint. Freshly smoked meats. Live music five nights a week. 21 plus after 9pm
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

As we traveled East on the Mass Pike, it was time to select a place to eat. I asked Hubby if he had any suggestions to which he said YES. There’s a BBQ place in Springfield that has a Blues theme. We found it...Theodore’s Booze Blues and BBQ. It is in the center of town on a block that seems to have fallen on hard times. Nonetheless, we ventured in for a really fun visit.

Yes, it is charming with its blend of tin ceiling, deco lighting and massive Blue’s mural created by someone with the last name of Miller and painted over 2 years.

Our server was very pleasant and pointed out special images on the mural. The music was all blues and we loved it.

The food was even better. I chose the Baby Back Ribs with sides. The meat was so moist and tender, I didn’t need to eat with my fingers. The meat just fell from the bone. My sides of Mac and cheese, cornbread and pinto beans were flavorful and eagerly devoured.

The cocktail list was beer and mixed drink but lacking in the wine area. I was disappointed to learn they only had house wine by an inexpensive label. My margarita was my second choice but good.

We look forward to our future trips along the turnpike where we now have a new find in a new town.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

This place USE to be good, it USE to have fresh meats, it USE to have good size servings of food, it USE to have salads we couldn’t finish.... Every dinner we had were a dissapointment in at least one way. The meats all seems like they were yesterday’s and then reheated. You can order a meat side for an extra $9.00, it is SUPPOSE to be 1/2 pound, it was no where near that. Ripped me off. The salad had all the weak green “tops” of the lettuce.....Who got all the good crunchy part?? The burnt ends were only half the serving size they USE to be. The waffle fries were way over-cooked and greasy like an order turned cold then they re-fried them to reheat. Ugh. The cornbread was good. The beans were bland, more like southern soup beans. We all were dissapointed at the obvious lack of care and quality in the kitchen. The parking is a hassle because it is street parking when you can find a spot, then hike back to the restaurant. The prices USE to be fair when it was good fresh meat and good portions. Now it is overpriced for below average food. Theodore you need work it out. It was BooBooQ.

1  Thank H S
KeithWeppler, Owner at Theodore's, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

I am terribly sorry about your recent visit to Theodores. It is truly disturbing. I have no words to describe the pit in my stomach while reading your review.

I do appreciate the time it took you to write the review. It is important for me to know our successes and failures. We obviously failed miserably the night you were here.

I know you are disappointed in us but I would like to continue the conversation. If you have the time and willingness,(completely understand if you don’t) please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Thank you, sorry again, and Best Regards,
Keith Weppler
Owner
Theodores
413-736-6000

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Our daughter recently moved to Springfield and we were looking for a nearby place to eat. Theodore's is located right across the street from her building. We went in and after a very short wait, sat down to a delicious Southern-style meal. My husband had their equivalent of fish and chips, our daughter the meatloaf dinner and I had the meatloaf sandwich with sides of collard greens and delicious baked beans. Their was a selection on the table of different bar-b-que sauces. Prices were reasonable and the drinks were ample. The Staff was friendly and courteous and anxious to please. An extra special highlight was when the Mummers arrived from Philadelphia to help start the St. Patrick's Day celebrations. The music, food and ambience were terrific and this restaurant will remain a permanent stop for me whenever we visit our daughter!

1  Thank LINDA J
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

This is a must try if you love bbq ! Food is always on point and the service is great! You will NOT regret the rubbed ribs or the burnt ends!

1  Thank Aimerslove
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Really good smoked ribs come in a variety of sauces or dry rub, served up with greens, beans and cornbread, my favorite. Others swear by the burnt ends that melt in your mouth. Come for the food and drink, stay for the music, live almost every night. Friendly blues bar ambience.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank tominspfld

Been to Theodore's? Share your experiences!