All reviews strip mall mexican restaurant health food store yogurt rooms were very clean went out of her way breakfast food bus stop free airport shuttle easy walk bed and breakfast downtown area vicki mile cruise microwave community
Reviewed 23 August 2018

The Eagle bay Inn is an average motel with the best view in Sitka. While the rooms are clean and 213 has by far the best view of the water and more eagles than I've ever dreamed of seeing at one time, the Inn still falls short of an ideal place to stay. It is located about a mile from the town center but convenient to the Park and museums. The strip mall location is a bit off putting and the constant traffic in and out of the parking lot to purchase marijuana at the two stores there gives the Inn a less than desirable feel. Breakfast is unfortunately just a buffet of grocery store pastry and cereal, wit a smattering of yogurt and toast.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2018

My room at Eagle Bay Inn was very cozy and charming, and I loved that it overlooked some of the private houses of Sitka as well. I had a wonderful five night stay at the Inn especially due the very gracious manager, Vicki (Vicky). She went out of her way to help me NUMEROUS times and even gave me a special tour of historic Sitka that few people ever see. My stay in Sitka was all the more wonderful because of Vicki (Vicky).
God bless you, Lynn Frazee

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Before arrival I had a vague idea of a New England bed and breakfast on grassy knoll--the Eagle Bay isn't like this, but after recovering from the initial expectation sheer, I came around to the idiosyncratic charms of this storefront hotel. Situated in a strip mall with, among other stores, a pet supply shop and a funky Mexican food and pizza restaurant, it has a small lobby at parking lot level with rooms up a flight of stairs to the mall's second floor. Our room was impeccably clean with new looking fittings and bathroom fixtures. My lower back is sensitive to saggy mattresses, so I was happy that our bed was level and comfortably firm. The owner, when present, was talkative and an enthusiastic proponent of Sitka, a community remarkable for its per-capita spirit. Sure, the breakfast food was off the shelf of the local grocery, but I much preferred that to the prospect of expensive restaurant meals elsewhere. The reasonable walk from the inn to the center of town goes through a lush rain forest park and past a museum dedicated to indigenous crafts. The promised airport pickup and drop-off worked for us, even though our departure was earlier than the posted window of opportunity. The price, cleanliness, and vigorous personality of the proprietor worked for us.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
EagleBayInn, Manager at Sitka's Eagle Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Eagle Bay Inn! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again if you ever come back to Sitka by the sea.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

We had a lovely stay at Eagle Bay.
Picked up from our cruise drop off point and then transported to the airport at the end of our stay by a gregarious owner who explained the sights of Sitka.
Clean and comfortable room. Breakfast variety could be better.
Although out of town, the centre of the attractive Sitka is easily accessible by walking along the national park trail and the coastal path. A very pleasant walk.
The inn is close to eateries and the brewhouse.
Great place to stay. Highly recommend Eagle Bay Inn.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

The staff was great and friendly. Room was clean with a nice view to the bay. I even ate breakfast and had a conversation with the staff. The price was right and Internet worked fine. The hotel is not far from the downtown area. They waited for me when I arrived late from Juneau.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple