All reviews strip mall mexican restaurant health food store yogurt rooms were very clean went out of her way breakfast food bus stop free airport shuttle easy walk bed and breakfast downtown area vicki mile cruise microwave community
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

The staff was great and friendly. Room was clean with a nice view to the bay. I even ate breakfast and had a conversation with the staff. The price was right and Internet worked fine. The hotel is not far from the downtown area. They waited for me when I arrived late from Juneau.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2018

We just recently stayed at the Eagle Bay Inn.
1) The staff is practically unreachable. The Inn advertises pick ups to from from the airport but no one answers the phone.
2) There is no staff 99% of the time.
3) Breakfast is offered at 6 am, but the lobby is dark and forget having fresh brewed coffee.
4) The breakfast is served out of communal containers. No tongues are provided to pull out bread and baked items (some of which are day olds). Don't know how that passes muster with the health department. Communal container for peanut butter, butter, jelly etc.
4) Our room was not made up and we were not provided clean dry towels, nothing drys!!!
5) By our second day we finally met the manager Vickie. When telling her about the issues the was very brusque and told me to next time turn on the coffee machine myself.
6) The fire alarm. Apparently the fire alarm goes off. Since there is no staff one is invited to turn it off oneself in the lobby.
7) 99% of the time there is a sign up in the reception to call 2 numbers if one needs anything. When dialing the number with the house phone a) no one answers and b) the second number doesn't work.
8) When we needed to change our departure to the airport there was no one to receive this message. We called a cab. Vickie finally arrived a 6:42 am, much after the advertised breakfast time of 6 am and then rudely asked us "what's going on"

We will not stay at this place anymore, next time we are booking the Westmark.

Room Tip: I would not stay here.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank world_traveller_709
Reviewed 16 December 2017

My husband and I would highly recommend Eagle Bay. This is a friendly, clean and restful location. Listening to the eagles call and watching them from our room was a highlight. This hotel is a great place to call home while exploring beautiful Sitka AK!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2017

We booked directly with the Inn and received a quick confirmation email. The manager, Vicki, makes you feel like a long lost friend. We were there for several days and Vicki helped us with various local questions. She even dropped me off for a hair appointment while taking a group to the airport. The Inn is located outside of the downtown area but a refreshing, easy walk to town. Lots of variety for breakfast and snacks for the afternoon. Our room was clean and adequate. The best recommendation is to say "We'll stay again".

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Hotel has a free airport shuttle which I have arranged via eMail a couple of days before arrival. It worked well. The hotel host picked us up at the airport. She was a lovely old lady, providing lots of information on the way to the hotel. In the hotel I was positively surprised that they have some food and coffee for free. Whenever you are hungry you can grab something, even as breakfast. The hotel itself is a little outside, but in 15 min you can go on foot into the center.
In less than 5 min you are in the Sitka National Historical Park, which is worth a visit.
On my last day I received a present from the hotel lady. It was just lovely :-)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo