“Fish Trappin!”
Beautiful riverfront cabin with modern interior and rustic/river exterior
Look how close to the river the cabin & firepit are!  Truly relaxing experience! Canoes ready for a trip down the river
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Beautiful riverfront cabin with modern interior and rustic/river exterior
Canoes ready for a trip down the river
Full kitchen with dishwasher.  Most of the cooking equipment you need to bake or cake any meal.
Fully furnished kitchen and open dining room
Living room
Open floor plan with full kitchen flowing into dining and living areas
Biggest master bedroom queen bed overlooking yard and river
Second master bedroom has queen bed
Third bedroom has 2 twin beds
The river is just a few yards away from the cabin
Just feet away from the mighty river!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

fosmitche...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fish Trappin!”
Reviewed 29 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Great house for a couples getaway or for folks who want to chill. Great fishing spot with the stream right in front of the house! My son caught 2 fish and my friend caught 5!

The house is spacious, neat and relaxing. Highly recommended!

tarheelho...
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Beautiful river front cabin”
Reviewed 2 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Beautiful cabin with amazing views of the river. Great location and is convenient to Luray and Shenandoah National Park. Every amenity you can hope for is thoughtfully provided. The owners had provided canoes and tubes for use on the river. Unfortunately, the water level was a little low when we visited so we were unable to utilize them but the views of the river alone were breathtaking. Had brought along my fishing poles to try my luck but again with the water levels as low as they were I didn't catch anything. You can fish from the bank without a fishing license but a fishing license can be purchased from Walmart which is very nearby in Luray if you wish to fish in the river. River access is a stone throw away from the cabin. Access is a little steep and rocky but while we were there construction was taking place next door and it looked like a new ramp was being made for ease of access and canoe launching. Not sure if this ramp will be permitted for use by the Fish Trap cabin but it is worth looking into. That being said, there was some construction noise and vehicles driving through the property but only after 9 am and they were usually gone by 5 pm. It wasn't much of a nuisance as we were out and about during the day and the one time I encountered one of the crew, he was very friendly and pointed out some interesting facts about the river. The cabin is new and it looked like the owners are continuing to make improvements to the property. I appreciated that the property is pet-friendly and I was able to bring along my furbaby who is elderly. He has limited mobility and was unable to access the river from the cabin but we were able to take him right down the road to one of the river outfitters access points where he was able to swim and the river was a little deeper and less rocky. We always bring along his ramp to navigate stairs but as you can see from the pics that the stairs are very steep. There is only one entry point into the cabin, so keep that in mind if there is anyone with mobility issues or handicaps. Even with the ramp, it was very difficult to get him up the stairs. As much as I loved the cabin and enjoyed my stay very much, this would probably prevent me from returning. Maybe in time, the owners would consider building a ramp to make the cabin more handicap accessible? There is a beautiful fire pit with plenty of seating to enjoy making smores and roasting hot dogs. Firewood is provided. The cabin has a hot tub, a nice deck and screened in porch- all with wonderful views of the river. Vey peaceful and relaxing. Feels very private, although there are several cabins next door. It gets very dark at night which is great for star gazing. I enjoyed the crazy cow in the river. Not a sight I see often. He sounds like some sort of monster...my dog wasn't sure what to think but didn't stick around to find out! We also enjoyed watching the Herring fish on the river every morning. I saw a raccoon, too but not much other wildlife. I was thrilled to see a Bear on Skyline Drive. The drive is a definite must do. Even though I have been to Luray Caverns a million times, it is still awe-inspiring every visit. The interior of the cabin is comfortable and beautifully decorated. Everything you need is provided.The internet is a little slow but who goes on vacay to the mountains to sit inside on the laptop, anyway when you are surrounded by all that beauty? Cell signals were also weak, which I also appreciated, as I was looking to get away from it all anyway and wanted to disconnect. A land line is provided for phone calls. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and wish I could have stated a couple more days. Due to the steep stairs to enter the house and rocky river access for the hound, it isn't suitable for me unfortunately but would be perfect for visitors without handicaps. You can't go wrong with this cabin.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
4 Oct 2017
Rebecca, thanks for the detailed review. You really hit all the points (except the hot tub?). You're correct that there are some steps at the deck. If someone (or a pet) can't navigate them, this is not the cabin you want, but everything else is amazing. We have a Tree Top and Eagle's Nest cabin next door that have camps and are designed to be more handicap accessible.
SuzKMo
North Carolina
“Great view, nice cabin, but...”
Reviewed 18 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

The view from that deck was amazing. We loved sitting on those chairs and watching the river pass by. We were there Saturday - Tuesday. The weekend was great, very peaceful. We had our 2 dogs and they enjoyed running around the big yard. The house was nice - plenty of space, although we only used 1 of the 3 bedrooms. Monday and Tuesday were a different story. There was construction on the lot (we were not told ahead of time), so it was quite noisy. They also delivered a new jacuzzi on Monday - glad we didn't want to use it. We understand high speed internet is being hooked up (the existing internet is very slow and there is no cell coverage). I just wish we had know ahead of time. Still, it was a nice cabin in a great area.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
18 Sep 2017
Thanks for the review and feedback. The installation of internet and the new hot tubs (also a new one at Green Castle!) was unavoidable. We had to go with the dates that the vendors/installers had available. The next time you come out, you'll be glad we installed it! ;-)
Lisa M
“Relaxing, private & can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed 13 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

In need of some downtime to relax and unwind? If so, this cabin should be calling your name! Just spent several nights here enjoying the peace and quiet of the river, roasting marshmallows by the fire each night, fishing, and enjoying the convenience of the canoes. The cabin is spacious and feels so private in the woods. The kitchen is stocked with all the dishes and utensils you could need, just stop by the WalMart on the way for your groceries. Loved the town of Luray and all the locals are so friendly, we can't wait to return next year. What are you waiting for??

13 Sep 2017
Lisa, wonderful review! Thank you for the kind words and telling others! You rock!
Steve4504
“Wonderful stay but disappointments”
Reviewed 5 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We had seven people who ended up going and a big part of our excitement was always sitting in the hot tub overlooking the wonderful river after a day of kayaking. I had emailed ensuring that there was a hot tub at the fish trap because we saw no picture. we received confirmation there was a hot tub but to our surprise it was a blowup Coleman tub that would take 8 to 10 hours to get over 90° also could barely fit anybody in it, was cheaply put together and cheapend the look and style of the cabin. this was not what we come to expect as we've stayed at previous cabins. We hope this is changed and upgraded in the near future. Outside of that it was on a beautiful spot on the river and we enjoyed our stay. we have always appreciated the courtesy and quick response/flexibility we get from the owners.

5 May 2017
Steve, thanks for your honest feedback. I'm sorry you were disappointed with the hot tub. As it happens, we and owner have discussed this recently, and we're planning on installing a bigger conventional hot tub. Hope you guys were able to relax and have a great vacation otherwise.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing