“Family dinner”

Casa mendoza
Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Three Rivers
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

This is a small little place . Great service. We sat down and immediately had chips salsa and water. Dinner was amazing . Large portions and everything was so fresh . We are from Minnesota by far our favorite. If you go to the sequoia national forest to see the big trees you have to stop here , by the way we stopped at another restaurant that advertise cocktails and we waited at our table for 15 mins without any service

Reviewed 19 July 2018

The servers were prompt, and the sauces and entrees housemade. My husband had the chile relleno which was prepared perfectly. The refried beans also seemed to be housemade rather than canned, and my husband said they did a good job on those also. Our server said that they also make their own mole sauce.

These are all signs of a good, authentic Mexican restaurant.

I had a fish taco and a shrimp taco, served street taco style. The tortillas were greasy, so can't recommend this dish. I prefer my seafood to be slightly under-done (as opposed to over-cooked). But the shrimp was a bit too under-cooked even for my taste. The fish was good, and both tacos were topped with a nice green sauce that I assume was made onsite.

It was crowded on a Saturday night (the weekend before July 4), but we were still able to get a seat. The interior of the restaurant is brightly lit, and was noisy the night we were were there. They have a large patio area that featured live music (a guy who played guitar and sang). That might have been a more pleasant place to sit, except that it was nearly 100 degrees F that evening, so we opted to sit inside.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Chips with salsa very good, a lot of Mexican beers, beef tacos delicious
Really Mexican cuisine, simple place but nice, felt comfortable

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

After reading the reviews before we went I was a little skeptical. We were pleasantly surprised with the service we received and the food was good as well. We really liked the chips and salsa they brought out as soon as we sat down.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped here after leaving Sequoia Park we were starving. Is a Mexican place.. food was poor, nothing special but the presentation was awful! You couldn’t even distinguish what was on the plate, everything was mixed and the beans were tasteless. Service was slow, I had to stand up, look for the waitress who was eating at the back, to get the bill.