“Amazing food”

The Mixing Bowl
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Gering
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Great service and the food is excellent! High quality food and the environment is family friendly with a homey feel.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

I met a girlfriend here for lunch. I had the buffalo chicken ranch salad.
I originally wanted the sandwich without the bun so that I could get the fries with it. When I tried to explain this I was unsuccessful your choices are salad, wrap or sandwich. The salad was very tasty despite that I had wanted it a different way. They do not offer any gluten free options although, I can usually find something to eat just about anywhere I go.
They offer a soup of the day t the restaurant and do offer a gluten free rice krispie treat at the counter where you pay for your food.

jkm883, Owner at The Mixing Bowl, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

I am sorry there was confusion about what you wanted to order. I remember your order and my staff explaining her side of the conversation. However, our regular fries are not gluten free, but the sweet potato fries are. I hope that you visit us again.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Small eatery more like a coffe house. The menu had varied offerings. All were not inexpensive. Hubby liked his breakfast burrito. My omelet was just OK. I ordered the hash browns to go with the omelet and they were run of the mill frozen fare.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We come here a lot for breakfast and love the biscuits & gravy and the breakfast burrito! The prices aren't too bad and the portions are large. Our boys love the chocolate chip pancakes! The only reason I don't give 5 stars is that they aren't very family friendly in the fact that they don't have high chairs! We usually have to hold our 1 1/2 year which can be hard at times.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

There is a nice mixture of basic and sturdy menu options with a nice little twist of unusual more gourmet treats.
So food for the average diet and a few options for someone who wants something different.
The menu is not large but the do it well.

Been to The Mixing Bowl? Share your experiences!