“Terrific food, tiny portions ”

Petra Mediterranean Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Petra Mediterranean Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 248 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

The food is typical Lebanese Mediterranean, which is the most refined of all Mediterranean cuisines. This is typical of food found from the Levang region of southern Turkey, northwestern Iran, northern Syria, etc.

We ordered mostly appetizers as we wanted a light early dinner rather than the full contingent of dishes that normally we enjoy at Middle a Eastern restaurants. In general, the food was excellent. The fatoush salad was very good, one of the best I’ve had. The fried kibbee balls were delicious but tiny, the cheese bouregs were also very good but very small and with little cheese. The mouhammara was not very good nor made with the typical ground pomegranate and was instead, very dry and made with peppers, which I’d never seen before. The meat sambosek was also very tasty but tiny.

All in all, the food was good enough to want to come back, albeit pricey for the portion sizes.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 18 October 2016

As others have mentioned, there were very few people in the restaurant. One problem is that it is hidden in the corner of the shopping center and not visible from the street. That is unfortunate because the food was outstanding! Everything from the bread, soup, kabobs to the rice. I was with a group of about 12 and everyone was very satisfied with the quality and friendliness of the staff.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 19 September 2016

Fantastic food , presentation and service. We got there at 8:30 pm on a Saturday nite and we were the only people. We had read yelp reviews, but no crowd did not deter us.
They had an amazing bar, well stocked and the service was excellent.
We had the dip platter, various dips with warm pita, followed by the mixed kebab platter. The had chicken, which was so moist, kubideh with was so tasty and filet mignon kebabs. The best I've eaten!!
Jonathan(Emaad) the manager was excellent and very courteous! On Saturday eve is belly dancing from 7:30 pm onwards, but we missed her as she left early because there was no one here!
I would highly recommend this restaurant, a great place for parties as it's huge.
We will definitely be going back there !! I wish more people would come here as it's a hidden gem!!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We joined another couple for dinner at Petra to experience Jordanian food. The restaurant was so quiet as there were only a couple of other diners there at 6:30. We were warmly greeted and seated immediately. It was a bit strange eating in a restaurant in Westlake Village at a prime hour where there was no wait whatsoever. That being said, the staff was attentive, and the food was great! We thoroughly enjoyed the food and will definitely be back again soon. We just hope that they get enough customers to keep them open as they have been there for a while and it was deserted. Do try it sometime soon, it was great! I must mention that it would be a perfect venue for a party as they can seat a lot of people there. Also on a busier night, they have a Belly Dancer there too.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 19 July 2016

Had seen ads for Petra and wanted to eat there. So when a girls night out decided to go there, I was onboard. There were about 18 of us. We ordered the appetizer plates, lamb shank, kebabs, and various meat dishes. The tray of hummus, eggplant, cucumbers, taboule, etc. all was amazing. I ate so much! Each dish was so flavorful. As an American I loved it! The girls I was with were Arabic. The restaurant is a blend of Persian,Greek, Middle Eastern. Each culture has a different way to make these dishes. So some girls didn't like it as the flavors were not what they were used to. But for the average American I think the food was very nicely presented and very tasteful. Quantities are large so you need a few people to share. I am very glad I was able to try so many food item and enjoy each so much. It is wheelchair accessible. The bar area is stunning! although we were at tables. The whole inside is just a lovely experience. We saw a Belly dancing show and live music, a real treat. tastefully done. great band! Would love to go there frequently as I love good Mediterranean food.

Date of visit: July 2016