This was our second visit to Santa Fe, but our first to the La Fonda. The room was a bit on the small side, but I've found historic hotels tend to have smaller rooms, so that was no matter to me. The room was very clean and comfortable for myself, spouse and tween daughter, plus our Dachshund. Loved the fact that the hotel welcomed pets and at no charge! The bed was very comfortable and the down pillows were so comfortable that I actually took one out of the case to see who made them. When I got home, I did some research and found they are American-made, which I appreciate, and ordered my own. The room and hotel were decorated with beautiful Southwestern flare and the atmosphere was festive, friendly and fun. We enjoyed the two terraced hot tubs and the pool and browsing at the hotel's stores especially the rock shop. We ate in the lounge restaurant where we had excellent food and service and a fun time dancing. The hotel's location right on the Plaza can't be beat! You can walk everywhere, museums, shopping and the cathedral are across the street in one direction and the plaza park, restaurants and more shopping in the other. We didn't encounter any negatives and found the whole staff to be friendly, attentive and professional. The front desk and concierge were very helpful. I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely return. I recommend driving to Bandelier National Monument for a fun hike and ancient ruins.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic La Fonda on the Plaza has been described as "the essence of the city's exuberant soul." Each guest room and suite is unique, with hand-carved and hand-painted furnishings, fitted with luxurious pillow-top Sealy Posturepedic Comfort System Dynasty beds and Anichini linens. Amenities include no resort fee, Wi-Fi, fitness center, outdoor pool and hot tub, spa services. Upgrades such as spacious sitting areas, cozy fireplaces, separate living and sleeping areas, and balconies are available throughout the hotel. The Terrace private concierge level offers 15 exclusive, luxury-level rooms and suites built around a rooftop terrace with stunning views of Santa Fe. La Plazuela restaurant is famous for it's award-winning cuisine and 400 hand-painted windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your La Fonda on the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Fonda On The Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
- La Fonda Hotel Santa Fe
- La Fonda On The Plaza Santa Fe, New Mexico