“Hampton Inn Taos New Mexico”

Hampton Inn Santa Fe
Ranked #43 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 27 October 2016

We stayed one night at this hotel. Our room was very spacious and nicely decorated . Very comfortable bed and great bathroom. A lot of choices for breakfast definitely very good breakfast. Centrally located. We had a good time.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mariar

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Hampton is part of the Hilton chain and it shows. High quality toiletries, rooms are super sized, clean and housekeeping will follow through with your request. They offer free hot breakfast which appeared good but we did eat away. Front desk was helpful in their recommendations and very friendly. Just a great experience and will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donlin69
Reviewed 7 October 2016

This hotel does not deserve to be part of the Hilton Hotels! One credit, however, is to the front desk person (Tom) who tried to accommodate us. Our room was changed because the person had smoked in it. Then the room we were assigned to had not been cleaned - don't check behind the chair! The furniture was stained; the bed had an unfitted sheet thrown on top of the mattress, and there was no top sheet. No pictures. The bathroom was barely functional. The lighting was terrible - some lamps were not working. Pool was closed because of a leak from the ceiling. Breakfast was extremely poor, and not up to standards of a Hilton Hotel. The manager argued with us and defended the property. Our bill was zeroed out, and we were moved to the wonderful Double Tree in close by.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
6  Thank simivalley1699
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

I've never written a scathing review because I know everyone is allowed an off day, and I believe in second chances. However, I felt compelled to write about my experience after my encounter with this hotel.

I booked a 4-night stay for 2 for September in May via the Internet, and due to where I work, I was to get a sizeable discount. One week before my arrival date, I get a call from them. They had sold the property and it would take place 2 days into our stay. Therefore, they would only honor my discount for 2 of the 4 nights. ONE WEEK notice!! I asked if they could do anything at all, but no one would. Would that really hurt their bottom line that much? It was such a disgraceful way to treat their customers! I happened to find a great Groupon deal and nabbed it, and promptly cancelled my Hampton Inn reservation.

I've always loved Hampton Inn and will continue to stay there. This specific hotel, under new ownership, does not understand how to treat people. Not a good idea in this age of social media.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
5  Thank NancyMays
Reviewed 25 September 2016

Enjoyed a nice stay in a very clean room, very little noise factor even though was on ground floor. Check in was easy with digital check in; would have preferred upper floor room but all rooms were booked although parking lot was empty but for maybe 15 vehicles. Great breakfast with fresh ingredients, fresh fruit, bacon, eggs and all the other standard breakfast fare. Coffee was excellent! The entire facility was clean and well maintained. It was a little hard to find on Cerillos Rd since it sits back a little and the signage isn't huge but a minor inconvenience.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton